Complimentary Expert tax advice, available 24/7 from Canadian tax pros, is one more way TurboTax helps get taxes done right
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 9, 2012 /CNW/ - TurboTax now offers free one-on-one tax advice from experienced Canadian tax experts. Whether it's by phone or online chat, taxpayers can get answers to their tax questions from experienced tax professionals, who are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week during tax season starting February 6. Expert tax advice is now completely free of charge for all TurboTax users.
TurboTax is Canada's best-selling tax preparation software and the only one to make preparing and filing taxes easier with GPS-like guidance that takes taxpayers step-by-step through their return, helping them claim every tax deduction and credit they deserve. Millions of Canadians use TurboTax to get their maximum tax refund every year, and now they have an expert on their side. No matter what the tax situation, Canadian consumers can be confident their taxes are done right and they're getting the biggest possible refund.
Expert Tax Advice, Where and When You Want It
New for this year, TurboTax offers full access to its "Free Tax Advice" service. Canadian taxpayers, such as single parents looking to claim medical expenses for their children, or farmers with equipment maintenance costs, will get personalized answers to their tax questions from an experienced tax professional, delivered directly to them, whenever and wherever they prepare their taxes. Best of all, they'll never again feel the need to overpay a tax store to prepare their taxes.
"For many Canadian families, a tax refund is the biggest single cheque they receive in a year, so they want to be confident it's done right and they've found every deduction," said Jeff Cates, Managing Director of Intuit Canada. "Two years ago we introduced our popular expert tax support as a paid offering, and now we're including this personalized service free for every TurboTax user. Unlike most tax stores, we don't lock up at 6:00 p.m., make you book an appointment or waste your weekend in a strip mall - our tax experts are available when you want them, day or night, all tax season long."
TurboTax tax experts are highly qualified Canadian-based accountants and experienced tax experts. There's no need to line up, reserve a time, or leave your home. Experts are available by phone or internet chat.
More Reasons Why TurboTax is Uniquely Better
- Keeps you on track: GPS-like guidance helps people keep track of where they are in their return, and relevant help is at hand at every point in their return.
- Saves time: TurboTax transfers information directly from participating payroll and RRSP providers, charitable organizations and from epost.ca, and automatically enters the right information on the right tax forms, dramatically reducing data entry and making tax preparation easier and more accurate.
- Connect with other Canadians: TurboTax customers can also access the Live Community in-product forum, a social network where Canadians can connect with each other to ask and answer questions about their taxes.
- Right for you: TurboTax is designed to cover every type of tax situation, from free online versions for students and people with simple tax situations to our best-selling Standard edition for the typical Canadian user, plus versions for freelancers and small businesses or people with more complex investments.
- Peace of mind: Audit Defence, a $39.99 option, provides full-service representation by a third-party tax specialist in case of a review by the CRA.
Last year more than 5,000,000 Canadians filed their taxes with TurboTax. More Canadians use TurboTax than any other single tax store, service or software provider. To find out which version is right for you and connect with our tax experts, visit www.turbotax.ca/free-tax-advice . Mobile device? Visit m.turbotax.intuit.ca
Connect with us at: facebook.com/turbotaxcanada and on Twitter @turbotaxcanada.
About Intuit Canada
Intuit Canada ULC is a leading provider of business, financial and tax management solutions for small- and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including Quicken®, QuickBooks®, QuickBooks® Enterprise Solutions, SuccèsPME, TurboTax, and ImpôtRapideMC, simplify personal finance, accounting software and tax preparation and filing.
Additional offerings include ProFile®, a professional tax preparation software suite, the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program and the Intuit Developer Network for professional users and developers. All are provided by Intuit Canada or through its partners.
Intuit Canada has employees across Canada and offices in Edmonton, AB, and Mississauga, ON. Intuit Canada is an affiliate of Intuit Inc., which is listed on the Nasdaq.
For further information: