Announces First Completely Free Online and Mobile Offering
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Jan. 12, 2016 /CNW/ - TurboTax®, Canada's best-selling tax preparation software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) today unveiled its first ever completely free online and mobile tax preparation offering. TurboTax Free has no income caps, covers most tax situations and can instantly import tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency with Auto-Fill My Return – all for absolutely no cost.
TurboTax Free features a fresh, intuitive design and simple instructions that make it easy for taxpayers to enter their personal information and select their tax slips accurately and completely so they can be confident their return is done right. Whether customers want to prepare their return on a computer, smartphone or tablet, TurboTax Free delivers anytime, anywhere access with the ability to seamlessly start, stop and continue their taxes across devices.
"TurboTax Free is all about putting effortless, worry-free tax preparation into the hands of millions of hard-working Canadians. In fact, we've been delivering innovative free products for more than a decade. And this year, we have created our best free software yet, available to more people and more tax situations than ever," said Todd Stanley, General Manager of TurboTax Canada. "We know you work hard for your money. We're here to help you get and keep more of it."
TurboTax Free features:
- Auto-Fill My Return: With just a few clicks, a customer's tax return can be filled with the most accurate and up-to-date information available, right from the CRA. Beginning in February*, TurboTax Free customers can instantly transfer their tax information, such as T4 and RRSP investment receipts, from their CRA My Account directly into their tax return.
- Anywhere, anytime access: With the TurboTax Free mobile app for iOS and Android, customers can seamlessly move across devices, starting their taxes on a tablet or phone and finishing online, or vice versa. The TurboTax Free mobile app gives customers the freedom to get their taxes done when and where they want, on any device – tablet, smartphone and computer.
- Error Check: Backed by our 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee, TurboTax Free automatically checks tax returns for errors, guides customers so they can easily fix any errors or missing information and provides a confirmation the return is complete so customers can file confidently.
- Instant access to answers: Customers with questions can use AnswerXChange for instant access to answers, product tips and Live Community, a social community that combines the expertise of TurboTax tax professionals with the experience of peers to deliver personalized answers to customers' tax questions.
Pricing and availability
TurboTax Free is now available at TurboTax.ca and will be available on supported Android smartphones, iPhones and tablets soon through the Apple App Store and Google Play. TurboTax Free covers all NetFile certified tax situations except AgriStability and Quebec federal and provincial returns. English only.
Customers looking for other tax software that's more tailored to their personal situation and includes step-by-step guidance and support can choose from our line-up of premium options including TurboTax Standard, TurboTax Home and Business and TurboTax Premier.
TurboTax mobile app devices supported include Android 4.4 and above, iOS 8 on iPhone 4s and above, and iPad 2. Internet access required; standard message and data rates apply to download and use mobile app features and content.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while ProFile is Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants in Canada.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2015. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
* Auto-Fill My Return availability is dependent on certification from the Canada Revenue Agency.
SOURCE Intuit Inc.
Image with caption: "The new TurboTax Free: Complete your tax return anytime, anywhere, from any device. Completely free for most tax situations and features Auto-Fill My Return. (CNW Group/Intuit Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160111_C7502_PHOTO_EN_596301.jpg