– TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 debut today across Canada, bringing sports fans
300+ hours of live programming this week –
– TSN feeds kick off live coverage today at 10:30 a.m. ET –
– TSN's opening week broadcast schedule features multiple games airing at the same time from BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE and NCAA College Football, CFL matchups, expanded auto racing coverage, and more –
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1tAYySQ
TORONTO, Aug. 25, 2014 /CNW/ - 5..4..3..2..1! Beginning today, sports fans can access TSN's newly expanded lineup of five national feeds with the debut of TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 across Canada. Sports fans can choose from 300+ hours of live programming across TSN's new five feeds, as the opening week broadcast schedule features the US OPEN, CFL, BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE, NCAA College Football, auto racing, and more.
TSN begins airing live coverage across its new feeds today at 10:30 a.m. ET with a 30-minute US OPEN preview show on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5. Live from the TSN Studio, host Rod Smith breaks down how TSN's new feeds give fans the choice of four different US OPEN matches airing at the same time beginning today at 11 a.m. ET.
"We're thrilled to bring fans more sports and more choice than ever before," said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President of Programming and Marketing, TSN. "This week alone, fans can choose from more than 300 hours of live programming across TSN – and it all starts today, with our new feeds featuring three Canadian tennis players on the first day of the US OPEN. This is an exciting day for sports fans and an historic day for TSN."
TSN's programming highlights for today include the following (visit TSN.ca for complete broadcast information):
- Live daytime and primetime coverage of four different matches from the US OPEN, including expanded coverage of Canadian players and encore presentations of the day's biggest matches
- A must-see BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE clash between defending champion Manchester City and runner-up Liverpool
- A brand-new season of OFF THE RECORD WITH MICHAEL LANDSBERG
- The reveal of this year's Kraft Celebration Tour grand prize winner of $100,000 in total, announced live on the 6 p.m. ET edition of SPORTSCENTRE
- A MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL matchup between the New York Yankees @ Kansas City, followed by OLBERMANN PRESENTS PETE ROSE: 25 YEARS IN EXILE, an hour-long special marking the 25th anniversary of Pete Rose's lifetime ban from baseball
Additional programming highlights offered across TSN feeds this week include multiple CFL matchups, the season kickoff of NCAA College Football, multiple BPL games, expanded auto racing coverage including NASCAR qualifying, and a slate of ESPN news and information shows, among them ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY.
For more information about TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5, visit TSN.ca/5 for a complete broadcast schedule, channel listings, and frequently asked questions.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Visit TSN.ca/Twitter to follow all of TSN's on-air personalities.
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, TSN delivers world-class content across its industry-leading platforms including five national television feeds, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio stations across the country. With more championship events than any broadcaster in the country, TSN's roster of live sports programming includes the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship, FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Season of Champions Curling, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada and Rugby Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
- TSN -
Image with caption: "TSN’s Five National Feeds Launch Today, Giving Fans More Sports, More Choice, and #MoreTSN Than Ever Before (CNW Group/TSN)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140825_C1512_PHOTO_EN_5062.jpg
For further information: Greg McIsaac, (w) 416.384.5180, (c) 416.458.3591, [email protected]; Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, [email protected]; Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, [email protected]; Twitter: @TSN_PR