- All four tournament First Four games available live March 13 and 14 on TSN.ca -
- TSN's Kate Beirness hosts coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® from the TSN Studio -
- Bell complements TSN's coverage with its NCAA® March Madness® Package featuring all games in the first four rounds in their entirety available to Bell TV and Bell Mobile TV customers -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/w6NPPg
TORONTO, March 8, 2012 /CNW/ - Canada's Sports Leader gives hoops fans all the slam-dunkin', fist-pumpin' and bracket-bustin' action they can handle this month as TSN and TSN2 team up to deliver complete live coverage of one of the most anticipated tournaments of the year - the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship, otherwise known as NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®.
Coverage tips off in Canada on Thursday, March 15 with Second Round match-ups beginning at 11 a.m. ET on TSN2 and 12 noon ET on TSN (see broadcast schedule below). The tournament culminates with the championship game on Monday, April 2 at 9 p.m. ET live on TSN.
Fans can also catch live game action on TSN Mobile TV throughout the tournament.
Leading up to the Round of 64, TSN.ca has live streaming of the First Four round match-ups on March 13 and 14 beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET each night.
Complementing TSN's coverage, Bell offers its Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV and Bell Mobile TV customers complete and uninterrupted coverage of all games in the first four rounds of the tournament with the NCAA® March Madness® Package, which includes the First Four match-ups that are not broadcast on television in Canada. For more information and to subscribe visit Bell.ca/MarchMadness.
TSN's Kate Beirness hosts coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® from the network's studios alongside basketball analysts Jack Armstrong, Leo Rautins, Dan Shulman and Sherman Hamilton. The original studio show features pre- and post-game analysis of the day's action and live look-ins to various games.
With the hardcourt heating up, fans can get primed for the tournament with a 30-minute NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® TOURNAMENT PREVIEW SPECIAL on Monday, March 12 at 8:30 p.m. ET on TSN2. Host Beirness is joined by Armstrong, Rautins, Shulman and Sherman Hamilton as they take an in-depth look at the four brackets and size up the competition. The show also shines the spotlight on the homegrown talent anticipated to be in this year's tournament, including Baylor Bears guard Brady Heslip from Burlington, ON; Gonzaga Bulldogs starters Kevin Pangos from Newmarket, ON, and Robert Sacre from North Vancouver, BC; Syracuse Orange forward Kris Joseph from Montreal; and Kentucky Wildcats freshman forward Kyle Wiltjer, who is the son of former Canadian national basketball team member Greg Wiltjer.
Fans can also get a break down of the tournament brackets following Selection Sunday with ESPN: BRACKETOLOGY on Sunday, March 11 at 10:30 p.m. ET on TSN2 and NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®: 68 to 1 on Monday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m. ET on TSN.
TSN's flagship sports news program has complete coverage of NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®, including game highlights, reports and analysis. TSN's Cabbie also checks in with a special edition of CABBIE PRESENTS on Monday, March 12 as Cabbie gets some special NBA player predictions on the tournament. Players like DeMar DeRozan and David Lee let Cabbie know which teams they think could go all the way.
Hoops fans can whoop it up all tournament long on TSN.ca, as Canada's leading sports website delivers all the latest scores, news and highlights from NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®, along with analysis from TSN's basketball experts and live streaming of the tournament's First Four round match-ups on March 13 and 14 beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET on both evenings.
TSN.ca also gives fans the chance to flex their bracketology muscles by participating in the TSN Tournament Challenge located on the website. Fans can guess each game's winner on a round-by-round basis throughout the entire tournament and compete against the rest of the country for the chance to win a grand prize. Fans can also create a group to compete against their peers for ultimate bragging rights or simply follow the tournament action with a printable bracket.
TSN Radio in Toronto (AM 1050) has live coverage of the NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® championship final on Monday, April 2 beginning at 8 p.m. ET. The station also court-surfs throughout the tournament, bringing fans all the buzzer beaters, close finishes, and upsets as they unfold on the hardcourt.
TSN and TSN2 2012 NCAA® MARCH MADNESS® Broadcast Schedule
- Thursday, March 15 12 noon ET - 6:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Thursday, March 15 11 a.m. ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Thursday, March 15 7 p.m. ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN)
- Friday, March 16 12 noon ET - 6:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Friday, March 16 11 a.m. ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Friday, March 16 7 p.m. ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN)
- Saturday, March 17 12 noon ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN2)
- Saturday, March 17 5 p.m. ET - 8:30 p.m. ET (TSN )
- Sunday, March 18 12 noon ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN2)
- Sunday, March 18 7:30 p.m. ET - 9:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Thursday, March 22 7 p.m. ET - 9 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Thursday, March 22 6 p.m. ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Friday, March 23 7 p.m. ET - 9 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Friday, March 23 6 p.m. ET - 12 midnight ET (TSN2)*
- Saturday, March 24 4 p.m. ET - 9 p.m. ET (TSN2)
- Sunday, March 25 2 p.m. ET - 7 p.m. ET (TSN2)
- Saturday, March 31 6 p.m. ET - 11 p.m. ET (TSN)
- Monday, April 2 9 p.m. ET - 11:30 p.m. ET (TSN)
*includes 1 hour pre-game show
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and Canada's most-watched specialty network. Delivering more sports coverage in High Definition than any other network in Canada, TSN's comprehensive broadcast schedule features an exciting lineup of sports including NHL, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, the IIHF World Junior Championship, Season of Champions Curling, Golf's Majors, F1, NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series, Grand Slam Tennis, EURO 2012 and 2016, the Tour de France, NCAA March Madness tournament and Championship Boxing events. TSN properties include TSN2, TSN MOBILE and the industry-leading sports website TSN.ca. Official broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games, TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
- TSN -
For further information: