TORONTO, July 15, 2016 /CNW/ - True Patriot Love is pleased to announce that they have appointed a Disbursement Advisory Committee with cross-disciplinary expertise and representation from across Canada to provide external advice to its Board of Directors.
The Committee will be chaired by TPL board member, Bryn Weadon, Rear-Admiral (Ret'd), and will have representation from across the country from the business, research, government and military sectors. Its mandate is as follows:
- To set an annual disbursement strategy focusing on four key areas: mental health and wellbeing, physical health and rehabilitation, family health and supports, and research;
- To review applications made to TPL and make funding recommendations to the TPL Board of Directors, and;
- To set the longer-term funding priorities for the organization that recognize emerging needs and opportunities for significant impact.
"Since 2009, the True Patriot Love Foundation has disbursed over $10 million to programs across Canada that support our service men and women, veterans and their families. As we continue to grow, we are committed to ensuring that the money we raise is directed to where it is needed most, and to this end we have established an Advisory Committee to provide external advice to our Board," said Rear-Admiral (Ret'd) Bryn Weadon, TPL Board Member and Committee Chair.
The Advisory Committee Members are as follows:
- Rear-Admiral (Ret'd) Bryn Weadon, CMM, CD, FCPA, FCMA, P.Log – Chair
- Dr. Alice Aiken, PhD, MSc, BSc(PT), BScKin - Director, Canadian Institute for Military and Veterans Health Research
- BGen Nicolas (Nic) Eldaoud, Chief of Staff, Military Personnel Command, Canadian Armed Forces
- Col Rakesh Jetly OMM,CD,MD,FRCPC – Chief Military Psychiatrist
- Mr. Tim Laidler, CD, BA, MA – Afghanistan Veteran, Past Executive Director, Veterans Transition Network
- Ms. Faith McIntyre, Director General Policy and Research, Strategic Policy and Commemoration Branch
- Mr. M.Barry Rempel - CEO, Winnipeg Airports Authority; Honorary Colonel 1 Canadian Air Division, Royal Canadian Air Force
About True Patriot Love Foundation
True Patriot Love Foundation (TPL) is a national charity that honours the sacrifices of members of the Canadian Armed Forces, veterans and their families in both times of peace and conflict. TPL funds unique programs and innovative research in the areas of family health and support, physical health and rehabilitation, mental health and wellbeing, and research and innovation. TPL is also committed to bridging the gap between military and civilian communities, hosting multinational symposiums and organizing ambitious global expeditions. Since 2009, True Patriot Love has committed more than $14.9 million to support military charities and research across Canada. For more information, visit www.truepatriotlove.com.
SOURCE True Patriot Love Foundation
Image with caption: "True Patriot Love Foundation (CNW Group/True Patriot Love Foundation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160715_C5241_PHOTO_EN_735349.jpg
For further information: Amy Simmonds, Communications, True Patriot Love Foundation, [email protected], (647) 628 9241