VANCOUVER, May 17, 2017 /CNW/ - Triumph Gold Corp. (TSX-V: TIG) (OTCMKTS: NFRGF) (the "Company") is pleased to announce plans for the upcoming 2017 field season. Triumph intends to execute a $4 million exploration program on the Freegold Mountain property, as well as smaller reconnaissance mapping and sampling projects on Tad/Toro and Severance properties in Yukon and Andalusite Peak in northern British Columbia.
Exploration on the Freegold Mountain property will commence in late May and extend until early October. The work will include approximately 13,000 m of diamond drilling, seven line km of trenching, geological mapping, prospecting and a soil geochemistry survey.
Drilling will be focused on four areas:
- Nucleus (4,000 m). The Nucleus deposit involves several superimposed deposit types and contains 1.3 million Ozs gold within 74.7 million tonnes in the indicated category (0.30 g/t AuEq1 cut-off). 2017 exploration drilling will comprise broad step outs that target areas prospective for extensions of one or more of the deposit types.
- Revenue and the adjacent Blue Sky Zone (5,000 m). Revenue is a porphyry style deposit that contains 1.0 million Ozs gold, 8.98 million Ozs Ag, and 241 million lbs copper within 80.8 million tonnes in the inferred category (0.5 g/t AuEq1 cut-off). 2017 drilling near Revenue will focus on the Blue Sky Zone, a 2.3 square km area to the east of Revenue, with coincident soil and chargeability anomalies that are adjacent to and along strike of some of the longest and best drill intersection within the main Revenue Zone (e.g. 0.16% Cu, 0.66 g/t Au over 196.02 m [RVD11-019 368.88 – 476.94m]).
- The newly discovered Generation Zone (2,000 m). The Generation zone is a porphyry copper gold target identified in 2016. It consists of strongly altered granodiorite exposed over 80 meters that contains a high density of mineralized quartz +/- magnetite veins. The mineralized outcrops are centered approximately 150 meters above the modeled depth of a strong 2.9 X 1.3 km chargeability high.
- A soil and geophysical anomaly that extends 2 km along strike between the Nucleus and Revenue deposit areas (2,000 m).
Drilling at the Nucleus and Revenue deposit areas will constitute significant step outs, up to 1.5 km from the current resource areas, to test new exploration targets developed during a thorough data and drill core review conducted in 2016.
Exploration at the property's third resource area, the Tinta polymetallic vein deposit, will include broadening of the existing soil geochemistry survey area with approximately 1,200 samples over 7 km2. This will complement the ground magnetic and VLF-EM survey that was conducted in 2016, which defined several strong conductors that parallel the Tinta vein deposit and are coincident with Au, Ag, Pb, Bi in soil anomalies over the limited existing soil grid. Once results are obtained, trenching will be conducted over coincident anomalies.
A number of less developed prospects on the Freegold Mountain property, including the Nitro, Castle, and Stoddart porphyry prospects and Goldy, Ridge, and Irene epithermal gold prospects, will be the subject of focused data, drill core, and field studies/reviews by Triumph's senior geologists in order to evaluate exploration potential.
NI 43-101 Disclosure
- AuEq is based on metal prices of $1,250/oz for gold, US$22.00/oz for silver, US$2.90/lb for copper and US$10.00/lb for molybdenum. The AuEq calculations reflect gross metal content and do not apply any adjustment factors for difference in metallurgical recoveries of gold, copper, silver and molybdenum.
- Mineral resources do not demonstrate economic viability, and there is no certainty that these mineral resources will be converted into mineable reserves once economic considerations are applied.
- The above mineral resource estimates have been prepared in compliance with the standards of NI 43-101 by J. Campbell, B.Sc., P. Geo., A. Armitage, Ph.D., P. Geol., A. Sexton, M.Sc., P. Geo., and D. Studd, M.Sc., P. Geo. of GeoVector Management Inc.
The technical content of this news release has been reviewed and approved by Tony Barresi, Ph.D., P.Geo, Vice President Exploration of the company and qualified person for the purposes of National Instrument 43-101 -- Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Properties of the Canadian Securities Administrators.
Subject to regulatory approval, the Company has granted 5,900,000 incentive stock options to officers, directors, employees and consultants at a price of $0.40 per share for a period of five years from grant.
About Triumph Gold Corp.
Triumph Gold Corp. is a growth oriented Canadian-based precious metals exploration and development company. Triumph Gold Corp. is focused on creating value through the advancement of the district scale Freegold Mountain project in Yukon. For maps and more information, please visit our website www.triumphgoldcorp.com
On behalf of the Board of Directors
John Anderson, Chairman
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE Triumph Gold Corp.
For further information: John Anderson, Chairman, Triumph Gold Corp., (604) 283-0896, email@example.com; Nancy Massicotte, IR Pro Communications Inc., (604)-507-3377, firstname.lastname@example.org