Tremblant's 24h Shatters All Records
Dec 10, 2017, 19:04 ET
The organization surpasses its ambitious target with a donation total of $3,868,742, an increase of 20% over 2016
MONT-TREMBLANT, QC, Dec. 10, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The organizers of Tremblant's 24h are proud to announce that the 17th edition will go down in history as the one that allowed them to hit new heights. The initial goal had been to surpass last year's total of $3.25 million. Mission accomplished! $3,868,742 will be donated to the three principal beneficiaries: Fondation Charles-Bruneau, the Ottawa Senators Foundation, and Fondation Tremblant.
- $3,868,742 raised for the three principal recipient foundations
- 3,317 participants on 366 teams
- More than 18,000 ski runs
- 48,000 kilometres run or walked: four times the Earth's diameter!
- 350 volunteers
- 11 ambassadors
- 9 sponsored children
- 3 recipient foundations
- Nearly 10 cm of snow bestowed on Tremblant
- 24 hours of physical exertion (1,140 minutes)
- Thousands of litres of coffee, words of encouragement, smiles and changed lives
- An 18th edition confirmed for December 7, 8 and 9, 2018
The mountain came alive
Big musical performances that included headliner Mélissa Lavergne and guests, as well as a memorable show by Simple Plan – ending its world tour on the 24h stage at the base of the slopes – helped motivate the intrepid participants as they braved winter conditions and fatigue.
A plethora of activities, which helped make the weekend an unforgettable experience for the thousands of participants and visitors at Tremblant's 24h, included:
- The Boréale Party, where participants had a chance to relax and let loose before the mass departure and enjoy the official 24h beer specially brewed for the event;
- The participants' breakfast, where everyone learned the touching stories of many sick or needy children and listened to the testimonials of survivors who have benefited from the funds raised;
- The concert at the base of the slopes, this year starring Mélissa Lavergne, Florence K and her sisters, Éléonore and Ariane Lagacé, Marc Déry, Ève Landry, Jérôme Couture, Jonny Arsenault, Boogat, Élage Diouf, Antoine Gratton, Stéphanie Bédard and Simple Plan;
- The moving and inspiring closing ceremony, where the impressive donation total of $3,868,742 was announced, which will help fund the three principal beneficiaries: Fondation Charles-Bruneau, the Ottawa Senators Foundation, and Fondation Tremblant.
"Wow! What an amazing 2017 edition of Tremblant's 24h we've just had! Year after year, I am blown away by the dedication of our community and their incredible commitment to the cause. Tremblant's 24h has a single and overriding objective: to help as many sick and needy children as we can. I am proud to see the $3,868,742 raised and about this great success that belongs to the hard work of more than 3,300 participants."
Simon St-Arnaud, Executive Producer, Tremblant's 24h
"It always fills me with pride to see Tremblant come alive and its community rally to the cause of children in need. Each successful edition unifies so many dedicated participants, volunteers and donors, and I thank them all from the bottom of my heart. Together, we accomplish great and beautiful things that make a real difference in the lives of children and their families. I am already looking forward to the 18th edition!"
Patrice Malo, President, Fondation 24h Tremblant
United for the children
Along with thousands of participants, visitors and donors, many public personalities, businesses, and organizations showed their support for the cause of sick or underprivileged children.
Once again this year, Tremblant's 24h was pleased to have a team of superb ambassadors who spread the word about the event further than ever before. The people who this year helped grow the event and give it its unique flavour were Benoît Gagnon, Philippe Fehmiu, Anne-Marie Withenshaw, Erik Guay, Alexandre Bilodeau, Alexandre Despatie, Lianne Laing,, Dominic Arpin and Frédéric Plante.
The fundraising record achieved, and the event itself, would not have been possible without the devoted collaboration of many partners and major donors who, through their involvement, showed how important children's causes are to them: Financière Liberté 55, Telus, Énergie Brookfield, Schneider Electric, Helly Hansen, Kombi, Boréale, Van Houtte, Coca Cola, Air Transat et Adviso.
About Tremblant's 24h
Tremblant's 24h counts on more than 25,000 donors annually and draws crowds of over 25,000, including nearly 3,000 participants, sponsors, celebrities, musicians and journalists. Tremblant's 24h is a sporting challenge for teams of 6 to 12 participants relaying each other over a 24-hour period in three categories: skiing, walking, and running. Registered teams engage in a donation drive with all profits going to three major foundations dedicated to children's causes. The weekend event also features big, live concerts and an array of activities, making it an unforgettable experience for all.
Since 2001, the efforts of all individuals involved in Tremblant's 24h have helped raise close to $28 million for sick and underprivileged children.
Join the conversation with #24hTremblant!
Cision is a proud broadcasting partner of Tremblant's 24h.
Facebook: 24h Tremblant
SOURCE 24h Tremblant
For further information: Marco Parent, TACT Intelligence-conseil, 514-349-7778, [email protected]
Share this article