TORONTO, Nov. 2, 2015 /CNW/ - The latest in robotic pets, the most popular on-screen characters and do-it-yourself creations top the most anticipated toy list of the year – Toys"R"Us, Canada's Holiday Hot Toy List. Revealed today, the annual list includes the 20 most popular toys, games and gadgets of the holiday season, with a focus on popular on-screen themes and toys that encourage creative thinking and play. Babies"R"Us, Canada also released its 2015 Holiday Top Baby Gift List to help new and expecting parents and gift-givers find the perfect present for baby's first holiday.
"At Toys"R"Us we take our role as Canada's toy authority seriously. Our experts spent the year tracking the latest toy trends and newest products worldwide to determine what will top kids' wish lists this year," said Liz MacDonald, vice president, marketing and store planning, Toys"R"Us, Canada. "We want Toys"R"Us, Canada to be a one-stop holiday shop and our hot toys list makes it easy for parents and gift-givers to find the perfect present for the kids on their list."
Every toy on the list has been vetted, tested and given the kid stamp of approval by one of Canada's coolest kids, Toys"R"Us, Canada's 13-year-old Chief Play Officer, Alex Thorne.
"For three years I've had the awesome opportunity to test out the hottest toys for the holidays to help parents pick the top presents for their kids, and this year's list is the best yet," said Thorne. "From LEGO Dimensions and the Paw Patroller to the Shopkins Metallic So Cool Fridge, kids will be excited to unwrap any toy on the list."
Toys"R"Us, Canada's 2015 Holiday Hot Toy List
1) Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo from Fisher Price
2) Crayon Carver from Crayola
3) FurReal Friends StarLily My Magical Unicorn from Hasbro
4) Guitar Hero LIVE from Activision
5) Interactive Minions from Thinkway
6) Kidizoom Action Cam from VTech
7) LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack from WB Games
8) Little Live Pets Clever Keet from Red Planet (Toys"R"Us exclusive)
9) Marvel XPV Hulk Smash Remote Control Vehicle from Jakks
10) Marvel Super Heroes - The Hydra Fortress Smash from LEGO
11) Mega Bloks Despicable Me - Build a Minion from Mattel (Toys"R"Us exclusive)
12) Monster High Frightfully Tall 17" Ghoul Dolls from Mattel
13) Nerf N-Strike Modulus ECS-10 Blaster from Hasbro
14) PAW Patrol - Paw Patroller from Spinmaster
15) Pie Face from Hasbro
16) Shopkins So Metallic Cool Fridge from Imports Dragon (Toys"R"Us exclusive)
17) Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack from Activision
18) Star Wars Bladebuilders - Jedi Master Lightsaber from Hasbro
19) Star Wars Millennium Falcon from LEGO
20) Zoomer Kitty - Whiskers The Orange Tabby from Spin Master
Toys"R"Us, Canada's 2015 Holiday Hot Toy Trends
Robotics & Toys-to-life: The latest innovations in robotic pets and toys-to-life are changing the way kids play as they look for toys that are more interactive, responsive and personalized, from the Little Live Pets Clever Keet and Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo to the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack.
Do It Yourself: Inspiration, Creation & Building Imagination: Hands-on toys that let kids stretch their imaginations and stimulate creativity as they build, customize and role-play are a must have for all ages, like the Crayola Crayon Carver and LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon.
Pre-school Character Explosion: Licensed toys of the most popular on-screen characters continue to be a big hit, especially with toddlers and pre-schoolers, from the Mega Bloks Despicable Me - Build a Minion to the PAW Patrol - Paw Patroller.
Action-Packed Power Forces: Kids can't wait to get their hands on power-packed toys that let them ignite their inner adventure-seeking action hero, such as the Star Wars Bladebuilders - Jedi Master Lightsaber and Marvel XPV Hulk Smash Remote Control Vehicle.
Extreme Get Up & Go: Parents of active kids with energy to burn are looking for toys that can keep up with the pace and puts kids in the centre of all the action, like the Nerf N-Strike Modulus ECS-10 Blaster and Kidizoom Action Cam.
Collect'em All's & Pets: Realistic toy pets and collectible toys with endless options are a popular pick for kids who love to collect, such as the Shopkins Metallic So Cool Fridge and FurReal Friends StarLily My Magical Unicorn.
Babies"R"Us, Canada's 2015 Holiday Top Baby Gift List
1) Holiday Dresses from Carter's
2) Microfleece Sleepers from Carter's
3) Kardashian Kids Collection from Kardashian Kids
- Girls Button Back Metallic Jacquard Dress
- Boys Denim Jeans with Quilted Panels and Leatherette Trim
- Boys Woven Shirt with Oversized Pockets and Leatherette Details
- Girls Dress with Gold Sequin Yoke and Tulle Bubble Skirt with Sequins Inside
4) Aden + Anais Swaddle Plus Muslin 4-Pack Blankets from aden by aden + anais
5) Mustachifier from Mustachifier
6) Chewbeads Madison from Alca Distribution (Babies"R"Us exclusive)
7) Summer Infant Baby Touch 3.5" WiFi Video Monitor & Internet Viewing System from Summer Infant
8) Baby Brezza Formula Pro from Issi
9) Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun – Life in the Amazon from Evenflo
10) Jolly Jumper on a Stand from Jolly Jumper
11) My Little Lamb Platinum Edition Cradle 'n Swing from Fisher-Price
12) Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo from Fisher-Price
13) Bright Starts - Lights, Lights Baby Learn & Giggle Activity Station from Kids II
14) Laugh & Learn Puppy's Smart Home from Fisher-Price (Babies"R"Us exclusive)
15) Baby Einstein Rythm of the Reef Play Gym from Baby Einstein (Babies"R"Us exclusive)
16) smarTrike - 5 in 1 Explorer from Stoneridge Cycle (Babies"R"Us exclusive)
17) Deluxe 2-in-1 Cozy Roadster from Little Tikes (Babies"R"Us exclusive)
18) Convertible Wagon/Sleigh from Millside Industries
19) Magic Star Learning Table from VTech
20) 5-way Giant Bead Maze Cube from Imaginarium (Babies"R"Us exclusive)
Toys"R"Us, Canada: The one-stop holiday toy shop
Toys"R"Us, Canada is making holiday shopping simple and easy for parents and all gift-givers with helpful resources and access to exclusive offers online and in-store.
- Toy Book: Starting November 6, holiday shoppers can get access to even more hot toys, games and gadgets with the Toys"R"Us, Canada Toy Book. The 50-page book includes amazing savings and exclusive offers on the holiday's hottest toys from November 6 to November 19, 2015.
- Crayola Wish List Kit: Starting November 6, kids can unleash their creativity for the holiday season by picking up a free Crayola Wish List Kit at any Toys"R"Us store across Canada. Inside the kit kids will find Crayola crayons, a letter and envelope to send out their wish list, Hallmark holiday stickers, and a Crayola Photo Strings App download that lets kids turn their pictures into animated drawings to share. No purchase necessary to receive the Wish List Kit. Limit one per child, while supplies last.
- LEGO Elves: The LEGO Elves are back and only at Toys"R"Us for the holiday season to help find the perfect gift for the LEGO builder on your list. Find out when the LEGO Elves will be in store at www.toysrus.ca/events.
- Star Wars X-Wing Make and Take and Jedi Training: On November 14 at Toys"R"Us stores across Canada, kids can build their very own Star Wars X-Wing and learn the ways of the Jedi by participating in a basic training session in-store.
- Shoppers can also take advantage of Toys"R"Us, Canada's online Gift Finder and Wish List on toysrus.ca, free in-store pick up of eligible online products, the Price Match Policy and the AIR MILES® Rewards Program.
About Toys"R"Us, Canada:
Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd and Babies"R"Us (Canada) Ltd are part of Toys"R"Us, Inc., the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Toys"R"Us, Canada operates 82 full-sized stores across the country. For store locations and convenient online shopping visit www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca.
SOURCE Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd.
Image with caption: "Toys“R”Us, Canada’s Chief Play Officer, Alex Thorne, unveils the 2015 Holiday Hot Toy List featuring the 20 most popular toys that will be at the top of every kid’s wish list this year. (CNW Group/Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20151102_C5556_PHOTO_EN_534311.jpg
For further information: For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact: Kay West, Paradigm Public Relations, 416-413-5209, [email protected]; Tamar Nersesian, Toys "R" Us, 905-660-2000 Ext. 2729, [email protected]