Canada's Greatest Toy Store puts loads of items at half-price and countless other items up to 40 percent off during most celebrated sale of the season
TORONTO, Nov. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - As Black Friday becomes increasingly popular among local consumers, retailers north of the border are ramping up their deals to entice Canadians to stay and shop in their own backyards. With appealing sales, Canadians with kids and babies on their gift-giving list are provided with incentives to stay local. To help consumers save big as they kick off their holiday shopping, Toys"R"Us, Canada today announced its biggest Half-Price Event yet, that will provide extraordinary deals on the toys, electronics and games that will light up the faces of little ones this holiday season.
The Half-Price Event will launch in-store at 7 a.m. local time (select locations open at 7 a.m. - check stores for hours of operation) and online at toysrus.ca on Friday, November 23 and run until Thursday November 29. The 32-page Toys"R"Us Half-Price Event flyer will be distributed to households across the country and online at toysrus.ca/blackfriday on November 21, offering more than $4,700 in combined, week-long savings.
Toys"R"Us will also be providing consumers with even more savings by offering bonus deals, both online and in-store for Cyber Monday. Traditionally Cyber Monday has been an on-line only sale, but for the first time ever, Toys"R"Us is offering Cyber Monday deals in-store too. With select items up to 50 percent off, consumers are provided with even more options to help with their holiday shopping.
"As many Canadians mark the beginning of holiday shopping with Black Friday, we're thrilled to offer gift-givers great deals on the must-have toys, electronics and games to help make crossing items off their gift-giving list easy and affordable," said Liz MacDonald, vice president, marketing, Toys"R"Us, Canada. "At Toys"R"Us, we understand that Canadians are busy balancing work and family, and don't necessarily have the time to travel south of the border. With our week-long Half-Price Event, Cyber Monday online and in-store sale, extended store hours and 24-hour online shopping, customers can shop at their leisure while being confident they are getting great value on the best items of the season."
The Toys"R"Us Half-Price Event is filled with huge savings on toys and baby products. Some examples include:
50% off items:
- ALL $19.99 Barbie Dolls (now $9.97 each)
- NERF Sonic Barrel Break (was $29.99, now $14.97)
- Imaginarium Spiral Train Set (was $79.99, now $39.97)
- ALL $39.99 and under Little People Playsets (prices vary - excludes clearance)
- Nintendo 3DS Trash Pack Game (was $29.99, now $14.97)
- Crayola My First 3-in-1 Art Desk (was $25.99, now $12.97)
- Edu-Science Quick Switch Microscope & Folding Telescope (was $69.99, now $34.97)
- Strawberry Shortcake 5" Deluxe Doll Set (was $29.99, now $14.97)
- Little Tikes Cars Lightning McQueen Roadster Toddler Bed (was $249.99, now $124.97)
- Baby Trend Expedition Swivel Jogger - Sonic (was $199.99, now $99.97)
40% off items:
- MEGA Bloks 3-in-1 Fire Truck or CAT 3-in-1 Ride Ons - (was $49.99 each, now $29.97 each)
- Rawlings 72" Pro Style Hockey Goal (was $99.99, now $59.97)
- 24" NBA 3-in-1 Basketball System (was $49.99, now $29.97)
- ALL Summer Infant Swaddle Me Infant Wraps (prices vary - excludes clearance)
30% off items:
- ALL $24.99 Littlest Pet Shop Pets & Playsets (now $17.47 each)
- ALL Disney Princess Dress-Up and Mini 4.5" Dolls and Playsets (prices vary - exclusions apply)
- ALL Transformers Figures and Vehicles (prices vary - exclusions apply)
- LEGO Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (was $89.99, now $62.97)
Cyber Monday in-store and online deal examples:
- 50% OFF Cabbage Patch Kids Doll Assortment (was $42.99, now $21.47)
- 50% OFF Avengers R/C (was $59.99, now $29.97)
- SAVE $30 on Kobo Mini eReader (was $79.99, now $49.97)
With the busy holiday season well underway, Canadians can shop extended holiday hours at select Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores across the country. Store hours vary by location and can be found at www.toysrus.ca or babiesrus.ca.
About Toys"R"Us, Canada:
Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd. is part of Toys"R"Us, Inc., the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer. Toys"R"Us, Canada operates 74 stores across the country. For store locations and convenient online shopping visit www.toysrus.ca.
SOURCE: Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd.
For further information:
For media inquiries, please contact:
Nicole Brightling | Citizen Optimum | email@example.com | 416.934.8099