Canada's leading toy and baby retailer remains committed to helping transform the lives of seriously ill children and their families through community fundraising efforts.
TORONTO, Nov. 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Toys"R"Us®Canada, in partnership with Starlight Children's Foundation™ Canada, has launched their 19th annual Star campaign in Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores across the nation. The program, which runs until December 31, allows customers to purchase stars in-store or online for a minimum donation of one dollar, with all proceeds going directly to Starlight Canada.
Since introducing the program during 1998's holiday season, Toys"R"Us Canada and Babies"R"Us® Canada has been able to raise more than $17 million dollars for Starlight — with over one and a half million dollars being raised last year alone. Known for their long standing legacy of commitment to the community, Toys"R"Us, Canada is committed to giving where they play, with all funds raised on behalf of their customers directly flowing to Starlight Canada, to support their in and out-of-hospital programming. Customers can be assured that their donations at in-store and online go directly to Starlight to help children from coast to coast.
"We as a foundation want to recognize and thank Toys"R"Us, Canada for their strong continued commitment to brightening the lives of seriously ill children," says Brian Bringolf, Executive Director of Starlight Canada. "As a key sponsor and partner for Starlight, we look forward to a bright and lasting relationship with Canada's leading toy and baby retailer for years to come."
"Toys"R"Us, Canada is here to play," says Mary Hewton, VP Human Resources and Customer Relations for Toys"R"Us, Canada. "Helping children in the communities we serve is at the forefront of our charitable giving, and we want to thank our valued customers for their continued support of the incredible programs Starlight Canada provides to Canadian children and families."
Each year, the funds raised for Starlight Canada by Toys"R"Us are filtered directly into the communities in which they are donated, supporting programs for seriously ill children and their families, including:
- 3 Minute Dash Series – A chance for a Starlight child to run through the aisles of Canada's greatest toy store and fill their cart with as many toys as possible. Dashes were held in Ottawa, Montreal, St. John's, Langley, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Winnipeg in 2017.
- 85 Hospital Grants - Monetary funding to support distractive entertainment for hospitalized children.
- 10,500 ER Admit Kits - A variety of care products for children and parents during unexpected hospital stays.
- 7,000 Baby & Toddler Fun Kits - Cuddly toys and games to distract very young children during unpleasant hospital stays.
- 100 Starlight Treasure Chests - A box filled with toys and surprises, used by children during appointments at the hospital or clinic.
- 100+ Baby Resources for Hospitals Program – Supplying easy to sanitize crib mobiles and activity centers along with special infant seats to cover 100 Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Units (PICU) across Canada.
- First Nations Resource Program – A pilot project distributing 900 books and literature promoting Native and Inuit culture to pediatric hospitals serving the First Nations Community.
For a complete list of Toys"R"Us initiatives with Starlight Canada, please visit: http://www.starlightcanada.org/toysrus/
Over the holiday season, Toys"R"Us Canada employees will act as Starlight Canada ambassadors, raising awareness in-store, online and through many 'fun'-raising events. Customers are able to participate in the Star campaign by visiting Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us stores across the country or by visiting http://toysrus.ca/star.
About Starlight Children's Foundation Canada:
Starlight Children's Foundation™ Canada is part of Starlight's global network, serving seriously ill children and their families through partnerships with more than 160 healthcare facilities. Over the past 25 years, Starlight has become a leading global charity that partners with experts to improve the life and health of kids and families around the world. Collaborating with innovators in pediatric healthcare, entertainment and technology, Starlight provides a unique blend of family-centered programs and services from hospital to home.
About Toys"R"Us, Canada:
Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd. and Babies"R"Us are part of Toys"R"Us, Inc., the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Toys"R"Us, Canada operates over 80 full-sized stores across the country. For store locations and convenient online shopping visit www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca.
SOURCE Starlight Children's Foundation Canada
For further information: media accreditation, photos or interview requests, please contact: Cory Stewart, Embrace Disruption PR | firstname.lastname@example.org, 647.638.1586