– GOLDEN GLOBES® leads the day in total viewers, all key demos, and all key markets with P2+, A18-49, and A25-54 –
– GOLDEN GLOBES has highest overnight audience since 2013 –
– GOLDEN GLOBES sees 3% increase in total audience vs. last year's overnight data –
– 2016 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVALS SPECIAL sees total audience +16% in overnight data with 1.6 million viewers placing #2 for Sunday –
– #GoldenGlobes and #etalkGlobes trend across Canada during live broadcast –
– With exclusive red carpet access, ETALK's extensive GOLDEN GLOBE® coverage airs tonight (Jan. 11) at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1ZXlmMx
TORONTO, Jan. 11, 2016 /CNW/ - After a night filled with champagne, curse words, awkward moments, and gorgeous gowns, CTV announces that overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) reveals an average of 3.2 million viewers tuned into THE 73RD ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS®. With its highest overnight audience since 2013, and hosted by Golden Globe winner comedian Ricky Gervais (DEREK) for the fourth time, THE GOLDEN GLOBES was the #1 program of the day, seeing an increase in total audience of 3% vs. last year's overnight data, lead the day in all key demos and was #1 in all markets with P2+, A18-49, and A25-5. In all, one in three English Canadians watching TV last night tuned into the broadcast (33% share), reaching 9 million viewers on CTV.
**Media Note** – Photography for THE 73RD ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS is available online at BellMediaPR.ca.
A closer look at Sunday according to Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- The live awards broadcast peaked with 3.8 million viewers at 8:55 p.m. ET as Jon Hamm won his second Golden Globe for Best Actor – TV Series, Drama, playing Don Draper in MAD MEN.
- 2016 GOLDEN GLOBES ARRIVAL SPECIAL was watched by 1.6 million Canadians ranking as the #2 entertainment program of the day with total viewers, up double digits among total viewers (+16%), and all key demos, +18% A18-34, +13% A18-49, +10% A25-54.
- With more than 197,000 viewers, E! LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET was #1 in its timeslot (6 – 8 p.m.) among Canadian Entertainment Specialty stations with total viewers, as well as the key A18-49, F18-34 and F18-49 demos.
- E!'s signature specials COUNTDOWN TO THE RED CARPET, LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET, and E! AFTER PARTY reached a combined total of almost 1 million Canadians.
Social networks were abuzz with both #GoldenGlobes and #etalkGlobes which was trending across Canada on Twitter during the live broadcast. For a full list of winners from THE 73RD ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS® click here. For all the biggest moments click here.
ETALK brings viewers exclusive GOLDEN GLOBE coverage, airing tonight (Jan. 11) at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO (check local listings), as the only Canadian outlet with an exclusive platform position on the red carpet. ETALK Anchors Ben Mulroney and Danielle Graham deliver exclusive one-on-one interviews with the night's big winners and presenters including Amy Schumer (Trainwreck), David Oyelowo (Nightengale), Eva Green (PENNY DREADFUL), Felicity Huffman (AMERICAN CRIME), Jennifer Lopez (SHADES OF BLUE), Kate Bosworth (Art of More), Malin Ackerman (BILLIONS), Michael Fassbender (Steve Jobs), Natalie Dormer (GAME OF THRONES), and many more.
Then, the FASHION POLICE report for duty to cover all the night's hottest fashion moments and trends on Monday, Jan. 11 at 8 p.m. ET on E!. Co-host and executive producer Melissa Rivers, co-host and consulting producer Giuliana Rancic, and co-host and Canadian Brad Goreski break down the can't-miss celebrity fashions from the awards show and after parties, and offer up juicy pop culture commentary and breaking entertainment scoop! The show also welcomes comedian Margaret Cho, who joins the team as the special co-host throughout red carpet season.
The GOLDEN GLOBES® are part of CTV's extensive roster of the most-watched awards shows broadcasted in Canada, delivering the biggest names in film, television, and music. CTV is set to broadcast THE 88th ACADEMY AWARDS® (Feb. 28) and THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS (April 3).
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 14 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). Overnight vs. Overnight.
– CTV –
For further information: Allie Page, CTV Networks, 416.384.4596 or email@example.com; Jessica Charbonneau, CTV Networks, 416.384.3016 or firstname.lastname@example.org