TORONTO, Jan. 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Torys LLP released its 8th annual M&A Top Trends today. Each year the international business law firm identifies and discusses trends in mergers and acquisitions and how these developments will shape the year ahead. The 2013 report focuses on international transactions, hostile bids, shareholder activism, deal litigation and foreign investment.
We anticipate that the following five trends will shape business in 2013:
- Canadian acquirors will focus on mitigating risk as outbound deals increase.
- Hostile bids will become more difficult as target boards "just say slow."
- Activist-driven transactions will increase.
- Shareholder litigation will rise.
- Foreign investors will change their investment strategies to compete for Canadian oil and gas assets.
To read the entire text of our M&A Top Trends for 2013, and to watch the accompanying video, please visit www.torys.com/matrends2013.
About Torys LLP
Torys LLP is a highly respected international business law firm with a reputation for quality, innovation and teamwork. Our M&A Practice is known for its experience in sophisticated, complex and innovative mergers and acquisitions. We are involved in high-profile transactions, both public and private, for companies of all sizes. On cross-border and global M&A transactions, we provide seamless service to clients in Canada, the United States and internationally.
SOURCE: Torys LLP
For further information:
Director, Marketing & Business Development