TORONTO, July 30, 2013 /CNW/ - In partnership with Mining Magazine, the Optimizing Mine Operations Conference will bring together mining professionals striving to understand the challenges they face and decisions that could be made to enhance efficiency at their operations.
Held at the Allsteam Centre in Toronto, this senior gathering will attract experts from across the mining community including mining companies, equipment manufacturers, consultants, engineers and research institutions. Providing an opportunity to learn, collaborate and network under one roof.
Some of the main themes of the gathering include: automated technology, the latest innovations in underground mining, best maintenance practice, and effective communication techniques.
Speaker line up so far includes:
- Peter Wan, Principal Advisor, Mining Technology, Teck Resources, Canada
- Luke Jalsevac, Senior Manager Operations Excellence, Kinross, Canada
- Paul Batten, Corporate Maintenance Manager, KGHM International, Canada
- Joe Fyfe, Superintendent - Environment and Sustainable Development Management Systems, Xstrata Nickel, Canada
- Lisa Zangari, Senior Vice President Human Resources, IAMGOLD Corporation, Canada
- Douglas Morrison, President and CEO, CEMI (Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation), Canada
- Laura Mottola, Manager of Business Improvement and Technology, Sierra Gorda Operations, KGHM International, Chile
- Kirk Petroski, President and CEO, Symboticware and President, Sudbury Area Mining Supply and Service Association (SAMSSA), Canada
The gathering will also run workshops specifically on 'How to determine and adopt the optimum level of automation for your mine' and 'How to optimize tailings management at your mining operations'.
The Optimizing Mine Operations Conference will take place between 10th - 13th September at the Allsteam Centre in Toronto. For more information or to download the brochure, visit http://www.miningoptmization.com or call: +44-(0)207-216-6080.
The conference is sponsored by Devex, Dassault Systèmes GEOVIA, Wenco International Mining Systems and Schneider Electric.
About Resourceful Events:
Resourceful Events Europe is a leading organiser of market leading industry conferences, investment summits and training courses. From its offices in the City of London the company researches and puts together events that provide market information and networking opportunities to many business sectors including mining, tunneling and investment.
SOURCE: Resourceful Events
For further information:
Marketing, Resourceful Events