Front Street landmark also lays claims to 'most unnecessarily comprehensive liquor collection' title
TORONTO, April 11, 2019 /CNW/ - The Loose Moose, one of downtown Toronto's most iconic restaurants, has put some lipstick on to celebrate its 30th birthday. Refreshed and renovated, including a new epic burger menu and a massive liquor collection spanning over 280 unique, rare and in-demand bottles, The Loose Moose has something for everyone. So, whether you live in the city, work nearby, or on route to a sporting event, the Moose remains one of the city's top restaurant locations.
"30 years in Toronto is a big deal," said Peter Fowler, CEO, SIR Corp. "We've built a loyal following over the years and wanted to celebrate by changing things up a little while continuing to offer our guests the best food, drinks and atmosphere in the city".
New Look & Feel
While the Moose didn't get torn down to the studs, "putting lipstick on a Moose" involved thoughtful and meaningful design work.
- A giant 'F' and 'U' stand proudly at the front entrance. Both letters were repurposed from the original Four Seasons in Toronto.
- The building the Moose is housed in contains an old bank vault. Guests can request a table in this one-of-a-kind location and enjoy a small piece of Toronto's history while they dine.
Epic Burger Menu
The Loose Moose team scoured North America for the most drool-worthy burgers to come up with a new epic burger program sure to appease the most discerning burger lover in the city.
- Nine epic burgers line the new menu, with something for everyone. Early guest favourites include the East Coast Lobster Burger and Mushroom Lover Burger.
- All burgers are made with 100 percent Canadian angus beef, Canadian cheese, and served on house-made buns that are baked fresh daily.
The Most (Unnecessarily) Comprehensive Liquor Collection
Impressive would be an understatement. Boasting over 280 unique, rare and in-demand bottles of liquor, in addition to over 65 beers on tap, the Moose's bar program is over-the-top, and will continue to evolve over time.
- Ask about The Loose Moose's 'Never Drinking Again' shots. We won't spoil it for you.
- A $100 'Shot Club' comes with a branded shot glass and your photo on the wall. You'll basically be famous.
"As a renegade restaurant brand, getting the details right with this re-opening was important – including subtle touches like a giant 'F' and 'U' from the old Four Seasons," said Fowler. "So here's to another 30 years of serving great food, beer, wine and cocktails, and having a damn good time doing it."
To book a reservation or view The Loose Moose's menu, visit www.theloosemoose.ca.
About SIR Corp.
SIR is a privately held Canadian corporation that owns a portfolio of 59 restaurants. SIR's Concept brands include: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, with 39 locations; Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar® with eight locations; and Canyon Creek®, with six locations. SIR also operates one-of-a-kind "Signature" brands including Reds® Wine Tavern, Reds® Midtown Tavern, Reds® Square One and The Loose Moose®. All trademarks related to the Concept and Signature brands noted above are used by SIR under a License and Royalty Agreement with SIR Royalty Limited Partnership in consideration for a Royalty, payable by SIR to the Partnership, equal to six percent of the revenue of the 58 restaurants (57 operating restaurants and one closed restaurant) currently included in the Royalty Pool. SIR also owns Duke's Refresher® & Bar in downtown Toronto, and one seasonal Signature restaurant, Abbey's Bakehouse®, which are currently not in consideration to be part of the Royalty Pool. For more information on SIR Corp. or the SIR Royalty Income Fund, please visit www.sircorp.com.
SOURCE The Loose Moose
For further information: Press contact: Jackie Warren, Edelman Canada, Jackie.Warren@edelman.com