The largest airport in Canada expects to serve over 166,000 passengers on August 24
TORONTO, Aug. 14, 2018 /CNW/ - The busiest day of the year at Toronto Pearson is just around the corner, with Canada's largest airport preparing for an estimated 166,900 passengers on Friday, August 24, 2018. This new record represents a continuation of what has already proven to be a busy first half at Toronto Pearson, which saw a passenger traffic increase of 6.0 per cent over the same period in 2017. Throughout summer, the airport has been welcoming an average of 155,000 passengers per day. Toronto Pearson expects to welcome some 10.4 million passengers between the end of the school year and labour day weekend.
"Throughout the year, we work in collaboration with our airline and agency partners to ensure that Toronto Pearson is ready to receive travellers from across Canada and around the world," said Scott Collier, Vice President, Customer and Terminal Services, Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "We encourage our passengers to plan ahead and think of the airport as the start of their vacation. More than 200 unique shops, and restaurants to suit all tastes are open; we have great live music in our terminals, and our Toronto Pearson team is working hard to provide a safe start to your summer travels."
These tips will help travellers to speed through the terminals:
- Check-in for your flight before leaving home.
- Don't waste time circling the parking lot; reserve online for the best prices and a guaranteed spot in the garage.
- If you are picking up someone at the airport, park for free at one of our Cell Phone Lots, a convenient short-term parking area available to you while you wait for your passenger to arrive.
- Prepare for security screening by having your documents in hand and preparing your carry-on items to be inspected.
- If travelling internationally through Terminal 3, download CBSA's eDeclaration app. The app allows you to create a scannable customs declaration, cutting your time at a kiosk by up to 50%.
- Always pack essential items like valuables and medications in your carry-on luggage.
Passengers arriving between now and the end of the year will also enjoy the sounds of Canadian culture with the return of YYZ Live, Toronto Pearson's signature entertainment program. Produced in partnership with the City of Toronto, YYZ Live features a summer full of musical entertainment, with 75 performances from a curated list of local artists. YYZ Live performances are free and take place in different locations around the airport at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. For a full schedule of YYZ Live musicians and where they will be playing, visit the YYZ Live site.
For information on airport operations, travellers are encouraged to follow @torontopearson on Twitter.
To learn more about how Canada's busiest airport operates during the summer months, check out TorontoPearson.com's Summer Operations blog.
About the Greater Toronto Airports Authority
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is the operator of Toronto Pearson International Airport. The GTAA's vision is to make Toronto Pearson the best airport in the world. Towards this objective, the GTAA focuses on ensuring the safety and security of passengers and airport employees, enhancing the passenger experience and supporting the success of its airline partners. Toronto Pearson served more than 47 million passengers in 2017, making it Canada's largest airport and the second-busiest North American international airport.
SOURCE Greater Toronto Airports Authority
For further information: GTAA Media Office | email@example.com | (416) 776-3709