TORONTO, July 21, 2016 /CNW/ - Toronto Pearson International Airport continues to redefine passenger experience with the complete redesign of 50,000 square feet of retail space in Terminal 3.
Just in time for the summer travel peak, this new revitalized space marks the next step in the evolution of Terminal 3 and further demonstrates Toronto Pearson's leadership in bringing a variety of the most sought-after dining and retail establishments for all types of passengers.
To celebrate this opening, passengers were treated to multicultural dance performances representing several international destinations serviced in Terminal 3 along with free sampling at dining locations and gifts with purchase at retail stores.
Located just past security screening, this convenient new area offers passengers everything from places to relax and recharge to places to eat and shop.
There is something for every passenger thanks to Toronto Pearson partners HMSHost, OTG, Dufry Duty-Free and Paradies Lagardère Travel Retail.
- Dufry Duty-Free featuring brands like TAG Heuer, Rado, Omega, Tissot and Longines
- Discover Canada providing passengers with Canadian souvenirs and durable travel essentials. From children's clothing to travel back packs, this store will help prepare any passenger for their next trip.
- iStore offers the latest in mobile and digital lifestyle products from a wide selection of brands.
- Lolë is a Canadian company featuring bold and beautiful active wear clothing for women.
- Relay has a great selection of books, magazines, newspapers, soft drinks, candy, snack and confection items, lottery tickets, electronics, health & beauty essentials, phone cards, gift and souvenirs, apparel items and travel accessories.
- Beerhive offers passengers an array of local and international drafts to pair with an expansive menu of contemporary and classic dining options.
- Smoke's Burritorie serves enticing, full-bodied burritos stuffed with ingredients like pork, carne asada chorizo, conchinita chicken and Smoke's signature rice, beans, sour cream, cheese, and other fresh ingredients.
- Smashburger is a leading fast casual "better burger" restaurant known for its fresh never frozen, 100% Certified Angus Beef® burgers that are smashed on the grill to sear in the juices, creating an upscale quality burger packed with flavor and served at a great value. This location will feature full breakfast and lunch options as well as local food staple poutine.
- Shanghai 360 features authentic Chinese cuisine in a quick-service format. Diners at Shanghai 360 will also enjoy relaxing with a bowl of soothing traditional noodle soup from the fresh noodle bar.
- Tim Horton's is a Canadian staple offering fresh coffee, famous donuts, and tasty food.
- CIBC is a full service banking centre helping passengers bank before they fly (opening soon).
Toronto Pearson is dedicated to making all aspects of new spaces passenger-centric. The heart of this new space incorporates a large skylight bringing natural light into an area filled with comfortable seating, charging stations integrated into tables, LED trees, and other whimsical elements aimed at helping ease the stress of travel.
The design language incorporated throughout this new section improves wayfinding by creating intuitive flows for the passenger. Updated amenities improve accessibility and passenger comfort, and the digitally enhanced network of larger-than-life Samsung screens and back-end Cisco technology provide passengers with important flight information at key decision areas.
The Terminal 3 Enhancement Project, expected to be complete in 2017, will improve passenger flow, introduce new and refreshed facilities and retail offerings, and better meet the needs of airport users today and in the future.
"The newly redesigned space in Terminal 3 marks another major milestone in our work to ensure every element of the airport becomes one that enhances the passenger experience," said Scott Collier, Vice President, Customer and Terminal Services, Greater Toronto Airports Authority. "Passengers want a relaxing space to unwind before a trip, they want to charge their devices, and a variety of places to eat and shop. This new entry to the gates delivers on that in a big way."
"On behalf of nearly 12,000 WestJetters, I would like to offer my congratulations to our partners at Toronto Pearson International Airport on the completion of this amazing revitalization of T3," said Ed Baklor, WestJet's Senior Vice-President, Guest Experience. "Canadians know WestJet for our low fares, our friendly, caring service and our focus on creating a stress-free travel experience from start to finish. The airport experience is a very important part of the journey and there's no question that these new shops, restaurants and facilities will greatly enhance the airport experience for WestJet guests."
"At the beginning of this project the GTAA challenged the Stantec team to transform and revitalize Terminal 3. We responded by designing a passenger-focused space, full of natural light, unique features, and exciting retail and food offerings," said Stanis Smith, Executive Vice President of Stantec. "The most significant design feature of this space is the dramatic skylight, which we call the Eye in the Sky. The Eye in the Sky brings natural light into the space, creates a comfortable and calming environment, and brings a "wow factor" to the airport. We believe that this transformation of Terminal 3 sets a global standard, and will meet and exceed passenger expectations and the demands of 21st century air travel."
The effort the teams put forth at the newly designed space at Terminal 3 was a tremendous feat that took unprecedented dedication, collaboration and teamwork," said Kieran Hawe, Senior Vice President and Area Manager Toronto, EllisDon. "We are privileged to have been part of this effort and successful delivery."
About the GTAA
The Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is the operator of Toronto Pearson International Airport. With 41 million passengers in 2015, Toronto Pearson is Canada's largest airport, and North America's second-largest international passenger airport, as measured by the total number of annual international passengers. Toronto Pearson is a hub for the movement of people and goods across the country and the continent, and also around the globe.
The focus of the GTAA continues to be on growing Toronto Pearson's status as an international gateway: enhancing the customer experience, safety, security, the success of our airline partners and the regional economy.
SOURCE Greater Toronto Airports Authority
For further information: Media Office: (416) 776-3709