New Santa experience, Skype with Santa, and Gift Wrap Valet to provide shoppers with free activities this Christmas season
TORONTO, Nov. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - This Christmas, Toronto Eaton Centre will celebrate the Christmas season with a series of FREE events and activations aimed at inspiring the spirit of giving in guests.
"Our 2013 Christmas program will put a spin on many traditional holiday favourites for our guests and their families to enjoy this Christmas," said Meredith Vlitas, Senior Marketing Director, Toronto Eaton Centre. "All of our programs are completely free. It's our way of giving back to our shoppers with an exciting and inclusive environment."
A new Santa experience, Santa's Log Cabin, built by Timber Block, will provide families with one-on-one access to the big man this Christmas season. Starting Friday, November 29, families can drop-in for a visit with Santa during Community Fridays, November 29, December 6, and December 20, or book a pre-registered visit, starting Sunday, December 1 and running every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The one-of-a-kind cabin, located in Trinity Square Park, features a cozy fireplace, colouring stations, and an opportunity for mom and dad to take photos of their children with Santa. For family members with fur, feathers or scales, pets are welcome for a photo session with Santa on Saturday, November 30 from 2:30 to 5 p.m. and Friday, December 13 from 4 to 8 p.m.
Additional programs for 2013 include:
- Black Friday - On Friday, November 29, Toronto Eaton Centre will extend its hours opening at 6:00 a.m. and closing at 9:30 p.m.
- The first 100 shoppers to arrive at Guest Services (Level 2) will receive a $10 Cadillac Fairview SHOP! CARD®
- Skype with Santa - When he's not live in Santa's Log Cabin, the littlest shoppers can easily share their Christmas wishes with the big guy from the comfort of home! Returning on Monday, December 2, families can chat with Santa live from the North Pole by booking their free Skype with Santa session at torontoeatoncentre.com
- Santa is available Monday to Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Gift Wrap Valet - Toronto Eaton Centre's Gift Wrap Valet, presented by the Toronto Sun in support of the Toronto Humane Society, is a fast, fun, and free way to take the hassle out of gift wrapping this Christmas
- Simply drop off recently purchased items from Toronto Eaton Centre at one of the gift wrap kiosks, located in the Urban Eatery or Level 1 next to the Dundas subway entrance, and in about an hour, gifts are carefully wrapped and ready to go under the tree, for FREE!
- Holiday Decor - Visit Toronto Eaton Centre's spectacular 50 foot Christmas tree and six giant LED reindeer to snap unique photos with friends and family
"Toronto Eaton Centre is an urban, downtown Toronto landmark and our Christmas program is reflective of the unique personality woven through our merchandizing mix and our diverse guests," said Vlitas. "From fashionistas to families, all of our shoppers will have an exciting way to celebrate the holidays at Toronto Eaton Centre this Christmas."
About Toronto Eaton Centre
Stretching two full city blocks North from Yonge and Queen and one city block west from Yonge and Dundas, Toronto Eaton Centre is among Canada's most recognizable landmarks, and one of the country's best-known retail shopping destinations. With more than 235 retailers, restaurants and services in the heart of downtown, Toronto Eaton Centre is the city's premier urban destination. Toronto Eaton Centre is owned and managed by The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Ltd, one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more information about the Toronto Eaton Centre, visit torontoeatoncentre.com.
About Timber Block
Timber Block is a custom builder offering an environmentally responsible building technology which is unmatched in residential construction.
With its R-30 insulated engineered wall structure, Timber Block also offers a variety of models ranging from stunning log cottages to striking contemporary homes.
Canadian based and with more than 30 years of construction history, tradition and integrity, Timber Block has recently expanded into the USA and the Ontario marketplace.
Visit their Sales & Design Centre located in Innisfil, Ontario and be on the lookout this spring for their two (2) new model/show homes on Highway 400.
For more information about Timber Block: http://www.timberblock.com or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyzpPg1hhUc.
SOURCE: Toronto Eaton Centre
For further information:
(416) 640-5525 x230