Sandestin Wine Festival Announces Ticket Sales Ahead of Last Year, Cooking Demonstrations and VIP Package
DESTIN, FL, April 17, 2012 /CNW/ - The Sandestin Wine Festival today announced that ticket sales are 20 percent ahead of same time last year for the 2012 Grand Wine Tastings. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance, before some of the more popular sessions are sold out.
The Sandestin Wine Festival is also building on its fine reputation as Florida's most established wine festival, and offering enhanced food and wine experiences. This year, the Sandestin Wine Festival welcomes guests to the Coastal Living Cooking Demonstrations and an unprecedented VIP Experience.
Scheduled for this April 26-29, the Sandestin Wine Festival is known as the "Kentucky Derby of Wine Festivals," and is a picture perfect event complete with white tents, the tasting of more than 600 wines, gourmet food and live music. The event is one of the best of the year and draws thousands of people to The Village of Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.
Opportunities to enhance this fine Wine Festival experience include the following:
Cooking Demonstrations and Seminars - Novice and experienced foodies can register for up to three cooking demonstrations from top area chefs. Presented on the "Coastal Living Magazine Cooking Stage," these one hour events feature a sample menu paired with wine. The sessions provide an opportunity to relax and learn and are only $20 each, in addition to the Grand Wine Tasting.
The Sandestin Wine Festival VIP Experience - VIP ticket holders will enjoy private events, conversations with notable wine personalities and other exclusive benefits. This limited VIP event is available for only $150 per day of choice and includes:
- VIP tasting including a four year vertical of 2006-2009 Chateau de Beaucastel Chatenauneuf du Pape Rouge, two wines rated 99 and 98 by Wine Advocate, and an interesting comparative tasting of the 1998 and 2008 vintages of Burgess Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
- A celebrity reception from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with top industry names including Tom Burgess of Burgess Cellars; Luis Burgueno of Marques de Caceres; Cameron Fisher of Fisher Vineyards; Jorge Gutierrez of Napa Angel Winery; Jesse Lange of Lange Vineyards; Cesar Perrin of Famille Perrin Estates; Joy Sterling of Iron Horse Vineyards; Enrique Toso of Pascual Toso Winery; Marcelo Victoria of Archaval Ferrer Winery; and Joseph Wagner of Belle Glos.
- Tasting menu lunch by Marlin Grill Restaurant
- A Specialty Reidel Wine Glass
- Express entry into the Grand Wine Tasting
- Special Sunday VIP bonus includes Sunday's 2 p.m. Cooking Demonstration
To secure tickets and additional information, go to www.sandestinwinefestival.com.
Deluxe accommodations from the beach to the bay are available for this popular festival. Special rates include a free night with the purchase of four (Code FREE5), and a package including an overnight stay plus tickets (Code WINE12).
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort was rated the #1 resort in Destin and on Florida's Emerald Coast. It offers the most complete resort experience for all seasons and all ages. Sandestin invites guests to enter a world of 2,400 acres including 30 charming neighborhoods with 1,300 condominiums, villas, town homes, hotel style rooms and other vacation rentals. A member of Visit South Walton, Sandestin offers more than seven miles of sugar white sand beaches and pristine bay front, four championship golf courses, 15 world-class tennis courts, 19 swimming pools, a 113-slip marina, certified children's programs, a fitness center and spa, 65,000 square feet of meeting space and a pedestrian village featuring a host of boutique shops, casual and fine dining restaurants and nightlife.
Sandestin is offering a wide variety of discount accommodations and overnight packages for the Sandestin Wine Festival. Visit www.sandestin.com or call 1-866-91-BEACH for information.
For further information: