CALGARY, March 25, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - CIC/SCI Canada, the business forum of the Chemical Institute of Canada(CIC)/Society for Chemical Industry (SCI), will host its annual Awards Dinner in Calgary on March 26, 2015. The event recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the chemical industry. In addition, CIC/SCI Canada will recognize the highest performing graduating undergraduate students in biochemistry, chemical engineering and chemistry from universities across Canada. Join us at this influential event to celebrate their achievements.
CIC/SCI 2015 Award Recipients
- Esteban Chornet, Enerkem/Université de Sherbrooke, winner of the Kalev Pugi Award;
- Duke du Plessis, Alberta Innovates — Energy and Environment Solutions (AI-EES), winner of the Purvis Memorial Award;
- Dave Emerson, CCC Group, Canada Colors and Chemicals, winner of the International Award;
- Alan Fair, retired (formerly from COSIA and Syncrude Canada), winner of the LeSueur Memorial Award and;
- Kim Sturgess, Alberta WaterSMART, winner of the Canada Medal.
The CIC/SCI Canada Business Innovation Seminar, featuring the award recipients and other leaders from industry, will precede the dinner. Reflecting the CIC/SCI motto of "where science meets business," speakers will focus on successes in the chemical industry and provide stimulating discussion along with valuable networking opportunities.
The UK-based Society for Chemical Industry (SCI) and the Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) signed an agreement in October 2012 in which the SCI Canada Section merged with the CIC Economics and Business Management (EBM) Division. The merged association is now CIC/SCI Canada, the business forum of the CIC. "The strategic merger has enabled CIC to strengthen its growing relationships with industry leaders and has ultimately raised the profile of the CIC/SCI Awards Dinner," Bruce Lennox, Chair CIC.
Thursday, March 26, 2015 – Calgary - Hyatt Regency Hotel
Business Innovation Seminar – 13:00 – 16:30
Awards Dinner - 18:00 – 22:00
Registration and additional information can be found at www.cheminst.ca/cicsci.
SOURCE Chemical Institute of Canada
For further information: Bernadette Dacey, Chemical Institute of Canada, [email protected], 613-614-8192