EDMONTON, Alberta, June 6, 2017 /CNW/ -- For three decades, the Western Manufacturing Technology Show (WMTS) has been a complete manufacturing experience that has provided Western Canadian manufacturers with the resources and knowledge needed to stay competitive. Held every two years, the show is set to take place at The Edmonton Expo Centre from June 6 to 8.
In addition to well-known exhibitors such as DMG MORI, Machine Toolworks, Elliott Matsuura Canada, Mazak Canada, Cascade Capital Machine Sales and Mitutoyo, the 2017 WMTS offers three days of hands-on learning – including equipment demonstrations, as well as training and networking with industry leaders in machining and tooling, metalworking, additive manufacturing and 3D printing, advanced manufacturing solutions such as automation and robotics and workforce development.
FIVE REASONS TO VISIT WMTS 2017
- Explore manufacturing equipment and cutting-edge manufacturing solutions from over 150 industry suppliers from across the globe.
- Learn invaluable information shared by three world-class keynote speakers, SME President Sandra L. Bouckley, FSME, P. Eng., Dr. Lonnie Love, FSME, and futurist, Jim Carroll.
- Spend time with industry experts and exchange ideas and information on advanced manufacturing in one of the 12 interactive technical sessions.
- Take advantage of peer-to-peer networking opportunities in a relaxed environment during the "Come Together" Opening Reception on June 6.
- Attend the Job Shop Appreciation Night Reception on June 7, an event dedicated to small and midsized Western Canada manufacturers.
Attendees will find a one-stop, all-encompassing event for the latest technologies and trends in machine tools, tooling and accessories, metal fabrication, design, automation and assembly, advanced manufacturing, plant maintenance and process control. More than a tradeshow, WMTS brings together invaluable feature speakers, the interactive Knowledge Pod Series, and entertaining networking opportunities.
Geared toward the needs of manufacturers in Alberta and throughout Western Canada, professionals in industries ranging from oil and gas, industrial and commercial machinery, construction, mining, agriculture, wind energy and aerospace will benefit from the event's exhibitors and content.
For more information, or to register, please visit www.wmts.ca or call 1-888-322-7333 ext. 4444.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skills needed for the industry. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
For further information: Eman Aboelsaud, SME, email@example.com, 905-752-4426, http://www.sme.org