Also among this summer's new events and activities:
New family entertainment, Burrows Cup, Grand défi Pierre Lavoie Stopover, Bonneville 808 Challenge and free shows by David Usher and Coleman Hell.
MONT-TREMBLANT, QC, May 10 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The upcoming summer months will be showcasing a new lineup of discoveries and experiences including Tonga Lumina, a night walk created and produced by Moment Factory, plus all-new evening family entertainment.
Summer starts early May when Tremblant's golf courses Le Diable and Le Géant open, followed by an exciting list of sports events and renowned artists headlined in free shows. With a wide array of events and new businesses to discover in the pedestrian village, everything is set up for families, sweethearts and friends to enjoy a custom stay at Tremblant.
Tonga Lumina: A night walk in search of the giant
Deep in the heart of Mont Tremblant, the last of the giants has awoken. Follow your sense of adventure to discover the secret he wants to share.
Every day from late July until Thanksgiving weekend, Tremblant's deep nature environment sets the stage for a singlular Moment Factory production: an immersive and interactive illuminated night walk in search of a sleeping giant who, legend has it, calls Mont Tremblant home. Whenever he awakens, all his descendants return to this sacred land to seek out his ancient wisdom. Participants are invited to don the amulet and follow a mysterious path deep into the heart of this enchanted mountain, to discover the secret the giant has to share. Each visitor receives an interactive amulet unique to Tremblant: it serves to enhance their experience as they progress through the night walk.
Open to all after sundown, the night walk begins in the pedestrian village with a ride on the Flying Mile lift. From its midway station, the adventure plunges thrill-seekers into an audiovisual universe showcasing the mountain's natural elements, on a 1.5 km maintained forest trail. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale early June, at tongalumina.ca.
Refreshed, Upgraded Event Programme
In addition to the must-attend Québec/Canada Cup mountain bike race events, the IRONMAN triathlons, Rythmes Tremblant and Angèle Dubeau's Fête de la musique, here is a quick preview of what's new in 2017:
- Family Fun After Sundown (July 3 - August 30) ‒ Interactive after-sunset celebration for all, spotlighting participant talent and daring. Dance, circus acts, songs and other activities for every taste;
- Gran Fondo Mont-Tremblant (May 27) ‒ More rider groups, smaller groups and more speed categories to choose from;
- Burrows Cup Mont-Tremblant (June 2-4 & September 8-10) ‒ The biggest 4 on 4 ball hockey event in Québec with no offsides, and no face-offs;
- Lolë White Tour (June 10) ‒ Place St-Bernard and Club Plage & Tennis welcome yogis wearing white. Sundown yoga as well, followed by a show;
- Grand défi Pierre Lavoie Stopover (June 17) ‒ Close to 1,000 riders make their way into the pedestrian village in early afternoon, as part of acclaimed 1,000 km cycling marathon;
- Tremblant International Blues Festival (July 7-16) ‒ Over 100 free shows, harmonica and cigar-box guitar workshops, artist meet-ups, DJ on the Blues Square, public piano, musical bicycles and exclusive to Tremblant, a unique Blues retrospective on July 12;
- Free Outdoor Shows ‒ Coleman Hell, famous for his huge hit 2 Heads, performs August 5 while David Usher lights up Place St-Bernard August 12;
- Wanderlust Tremblant (August 24-27) ‒ In addition to yoga workshops hosted by Elena Brower and Seane Corn, shows by Bonobo, Con Brio and IN-Q plus presentations by David Wolfe and Sylvie Fréchette;
- Tremblant Gourmand (September 14-17) ‒ Four days of programming presented by Agropur, including foodie yoga treks, gourmand cyclotouring, hiking with 15 gourmet stopovers, BBQ workskops on the Tabasco® stage, and Caveau à Vino wine tastings;
- Bonneville 808 Challenge (September 22-24) ‒ Cycling event for solo and team riders who must complete a 404 km course twice, in under 48 hours. Funds raised by participants go to the Quebec Foundation for Athletic Excellence.
What's New in the Pedestrian Village?
- Le Q.G.: Urban pub & restaurant with assorted tartares, signature dishes and novel cocktails;
- Pinwheel: Popcorn in more ways and flavours than you ever imagined;
- Mission Laser: Tactical laser tag in a labyrinth of lights beams;
- Fairmont Tremblant: New lobby, urban pub and bar lounge, innovative buffet-style restaurant, self-serve casual café and newly remodelled outdoor pool & patio area;
- Casino de Mont-Tremblant: New electronic gaming and entertainment area, opening June 22.
May 12 Tee Off on Championship Golfs Courses
In just a few days, two championship golf courses will be welcoming their first players of the season. Le Géant with its elevated plateaux and generous lake or mountain views opens May 12 while Le Diable and its daunting red sandtraps opens May 19. Sign up for the Tremblant Golf Academy's spring lessons running from May 13 to June 16, and buy T-Golf tickets until June 20 at 46% off the regular price.
Tremblant is a top resort destination owing to its guest experience both at the mountain, and in its pedestrian village. Its views of the Laurentians, the diversity of its four-season offer and its highly acclaimed major events – of which IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant, 24h of Tremblant, Wanderlust and the Tremblant International Blues Festival – have earned it an 8th position in North American Ski Resort rankings by Condé Nast Traveler readers in 2016, a place among the World's 25 Best Ski Towns in 2014 by National Geographic, and the title of #1 Ski Resort in Eastern North America for an 19th year by SKI Magazine readers. With your sweetheart, friends, family or group, Tremblant welcomes vacationers on direct flights from Toronto with Porter Airlines, to enjoy 1,900 lodging units fanned out across 13 hotel establishments, over 75 restaurants, boutiques and a Casino, all at nature's doorstep.
High resolution image : https://avtremblant.box.com/s/umsyle79xkg9t9p4eapoopvk7b2lc9gp
SOURCE Tremblant Resort Association
For further information: Annick Marseille, Public Relations - Tremblant, 514.266.5342, [email protected]