New D-Zone Anycast DNS service allows .kiwi to gain insight on domain traffic and market high-value domains
OTTAWA, March 16, 2016 /CNW/ - The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) today announced that the .kiwi domain is using its D-Zone Anycast DNS service for its top level domain (TLD). TLD operators can benefit from D-Zone's global footprint to help increase performance, protect networks from DDoS attack, and drive business insight with advanced analytics.
- Advanced DNS analytics help TLD operators with insight into how people are interacting with their domain names. CIRA's D-Zone service allows TLD operators to monitor traffic and receive alerts. A key benefit is access to NXDOMAIN look-ups, which can provide Registries with insight on the domains that may have premium value by telling them what words people are searching for that are not yet registered.
- D-Zone leverages the same anycast infrastructure, systems, and expertise that provide uninterrupted DNS resolution for .CA domain. D-Zone is also delivered as a commercial service to large organizations, hosting companies, universities, research networks, and governments.
- With 12 internationally distributed nodes across two redundant clouds, D-Zone is a strong choice for global TLDs looking to add resiliency and redundancy to their network architectures.
- Global nodes in the D-Zone network have 10Gbps transit and a 10 Gbps connection to a local IXP to provide access to over 1,500 connected networks. This approach delivers the fastest query time while also keeping the service responding in the event of a problem on one network span.
- Thanks to full IPv6 and DNSSEC compatibility, D-Zone can meet the specific technical requirements of global TLD operators.
"Upon learning of the capabilities CIRA's D-Zone Anycast solution can offer new TLD operators, our adoption of the service was a certainty. In addition to added reinforcement of our DNS network infrastructure, the insights gained through improved analytics provided by D-Zone Anycast DNS have proven invaluable. CIRA was committed to tailoring these analytics to our specific needs, thereby ensuring our success and what will become an enduring partnership."
- Angus Richardson, managing director, Dot Kiwi Limited
"A strong Anycast DNS solution is critical when designing the technology architecture for a modern TLD. With over 15 years of experience in this business we understand what it takes to operate a safe, secure, and stable domain. We know that we can add value to our friends and colleagues in the domain sector looking for support to protect their networks and increase their DNS performance. We have been in their shoes and we built the perfect Anycast solution for an ambitious TLD."
- Jacques Latour, CTO at CIRA
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A Member-based organization, CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: or interview requests: Ryan Saxby Hill, Communications manager, CIRA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-316-2397