Channel your inner host with expert advice from hosting guru Karen Cleveland
TORONTO, Oct. 18, 2012 /CNW/ - The holiday season is upon us and we all know that means: holiday parties, and lots of them! While guests have it made, hosts have some work to do. Jackson-Triggs has collaborated with hosting expert Karen Cleveland to create the ultimate holiday hosting guide, sure to help any host - first-time or experienced - to create the ultimate holiday experience for their guests.
"I was inspired by the challenges I've faced as a host when entertaining over the holiday season," says hosting expert Karen Cleveland, who works for St. Joseph Media by day. "We've created an easy to follow guide that can help even a novice host sparkle and deliver a holiday experience their guests won't soon forget."
A Selection of Tips from the Jackson-Triggs Guide to Hosting
- List everything you need to buy and set mini deadlines for getting it all. If any of the prep work can be done early, get it all out of the way.
- When stocking up, scope out the boxed wine selection too. They're a cinch if you're pre-pouring a few trays of wine to have ready as guests arrive.
- Don't stress about decor - keep it basic. Try all white with tons of greenery like magnolia and boxwood. They last and look great without being overdone.
- Anticipate guests' arrival by having music on, wine pre-poured, snacks ready - like cheese, and a place for coats, accessories, and boots.
- Don't be a slave to the party. Freshen food and guests' glass throughout the night, but remember to get out and enjoy your own party!
- Last but not least, plan your revelry! Take some unabashed relaxation time the next day to put your feet up and bask in your hosting success.
"Above all, my best piece of advice is to keep it simple," says Karen Cleveland. "Hosting with ease is the name of the game. Boxed wine is a logical choice for entertaining over the holidays, whether you're planning one big hurrah or a few smaller parties."
Five great reasons to consider boxed wine over the holidays:
- Value. It holds more than 5 bottles and still costs less.
- Convenience. It is easy to open and fits nicely into the fridge or pantry.
- Less packaging. Only 1 bag vs. 5 bottles.
- Portability. It's easy to carry, without glass or bulky bottles to worry about.
- Freshness. Boxed wine stays fresh for up to 6 weeks.
With Jackson-Triggs guide to hosting, guests will look back days after the party and remember one thing: the gracious host. What more could any one ask for?
For a full list of Karen Cleveland's hosting tips, please visit: http://pinterest.com/jacksontriggs/hosting-tips-a-toast-to-the-host.
Founded in 1993, Jackson-Triggs has set the benchmark of excellence as one of Canada's most renowned winemakers. Both Jackson-Triggs Okanagan and Niagara Estate wineries have been uncompromising in their pursuit of crafting Canadian wines that compete with the world's finest and promise exceptional quality and value.
For more information, visit www.jacksontriggswinery.com
For further information:
To arrange an interview with Karen Cleveland, please contact:
416.922.2211 ext. 3287