TORONTO, May 31 /CNW/ -
Today at Queen's Park, Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak and the Ontario PC Caucus launched a new online poll where Ontario families can vote on which good or service the HST will hurt family budgets most.
Tomorrow marks the one-month countdown until Dalton McGuinty's latest tax grabs takes effect. The HST will increase prices on gas, electricity, home heating fuel, airline tickets, haircuts and dozens of other goods and services Ontario families use every day.
To have your voice heard on the impact of the HST, visit www.daltonsalestax.com. The poll is also available on the Tim Hudak iPhone application.
"People are already doing their part and paying more than their fair share of taxes in Dalton McGuinty's Ontario. We are calling on Ontario families, seniors and business people to tell this out-of-touch McGuinty government just how much the HST will hurt them by participating in our online poll."
- Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak
"The Ontario PC Caucus is continuing to use every tool at our disposal to fight this punishing tax grab and to give Ontario families the real break they dearly deserve."
- Lisa MacLeod, MPP Nepean Carleton and PC Critic for Revenue and Government Accountability
Some of the items set to skyrocket in price after the HST kicks in include:
- Hydro - Retirement & - Golf green and driving
- Home heating fuel nursing home costs range fees
- Natural gas - Air plane, train - Bicycles and bicycle
- Gasoline and bus tickets safety equipment
- Vitamins - Funerals and - Gym memberships
- Internet service estate planning - Trips to the
- Financial advisory costs veterinarian
services - Home renovation & - Haircuts
- Mutual fund fees repairs
- Condo fees - Lawn maintenance
- Snow removal
The HST is the next tax in a long string of taxes introduced by Dalton McGuinty that include: $15 billion in health taxes, higher income taxes, business taxes, hydro taxes, iPod and TV taxes, car taxes, house taxes and tire taxes.
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: A photo accompanying this release is available at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited members of the media/
SOURCE TIM HUDAK, LEADER, PC PARTY OF ONTARIO
For further information: For further information: Christine Bujold, (416) 325-1330, Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org