Third year in a row to be called the best travel rewards card with an annual fee
TORONTO, June 26, 2012 /CNW/ - Popular travel and loyalty website, RewardsCanada.ca, once again put Capital One's Aspire Travel World MasterCard at the top of its list of travel rewards cards with an annual fee. This is the third year in a row that Aspire Travel World can claim it is "best in class" according to a leading rewards expert.
"From the outset, Capital One's Aspire Travel World MasterCard set the standard for a travel points card with a fee because the program delivers great value while also offering the flexibility that cardholders are looking for. Plus it comes with a generous sign up bonus and solid benefits package, which is why it continues to be my top pick," said Patrick Sojka of www.rewardscanada.ca.
The Aspire World MasterCard is consistently ranked number one by RewardsCanada.ca because it offers cardholders double miles on all net purchases, premium benefits, including Emergency Travel Medical insurance, and an easy-to-use redemption program that lets them redeem reward miles for any type of travel.
"Canadian consumers are looking for a rewards card that will help them earn their dream trip, but they're also looking for a program that respects their rights to choose the airline and travel date that they want," said Laurel Ostfield, spokesperson, Capital One Canada. "Being ranked number one for three years in a row by RewardsCanada.ca reinforces that Aspire Travel World is truly meeting the needs of Canadians."
The Aspire Travel World's features include:
- Earn 2 reward miles for every $1 spent - on everything you buy
- Get 35,000 bonus reward miles when you make your first purchase and 10,000 anniversary bonus reward miles every year
- Rewards don't expire; no limit on how many reward miles you can accumulate; no special spending categories; no separate rewards enrolment requirements
- Fly on any airline, any time, with no blackout dates
- Redeem for any travel purchase (air fare, hotel room, rental car, etc.)
- Premium benefits including Emergency Travel Medical, trip cancellation insurance and price protection guarantee
About Capital One
With offices in Toronto and Montreal, Capital One has offered Canadian consumers a range of competitive MasterCard credit cards since 1996, when the company first introduced the Platinum MasterCard in Canada. Capital One Canada is a division of Capital One Bank, a subsidiary of Capital One Financial Corporation of McLean, Virginia (NYSE: COF).
For further information:
Contact: Laurel Ostfield 416-549-2753