TORONTO, June 16, 2018 /CNW/ - The World Partnership Walk (WPW) is an amazing phenomenon — it makes real the values we uphold as Canadians and is a tangible way for individuals to make a difference in the world.
"Today's generation is more connected to global communities than ever before. There's an awareness of how people live, and how our lives impact others, that's fueling a whole new kind of participation in the Walk," said Imran Jivraj, Walk Chair for Toronto.
On June 17, 2018, Torontonians will meet at David Pecaut Square, and join tens of thousands across the country for Canada's largest event dedicated to fighting global poverty. The event celebrates the hard work of thousands of passionate fundraisers, corporate sponsors, generous donors and dedicated community volunteers.
- King St. W lane closure from 255 King St W to Simcoe St Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- Queen's Park closed from College St. to Queen's Park Cres. E Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- Queen's Park Cres E closed from Queen's Park to Wellesley St. W Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- Queen's Park Cres. W closed from Queen's Park to Hoskin Ave. Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- Simcoe St. lane closure from King St. W to Wellington St. W Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- University Ave. closed from Wellington St. W to College St. Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- Wellington St. W closed from John St. to Simcoe St. Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
- Wellington St. W closed from Simcoe St. to University Ave. Sunday, June 17, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:45 pm
Due to the road closures, we highly encourage attendees to use public transit, bike, or carpool to the venue.
About World Partnership Walk:
World Partnership Walk is Canada's largest public movement to fight global poverty, held annually in 10 cities across the country. A volunteer-driven initiative of Aga Khan Foundation Canada, the Walk supports programs that helps improve quality of life for millions of people.
About Aga Khan Foundation Canada:
AKFC is an international development organization and registered charity. Since 1980, AKFC has helped millions of people in Africa and Asia unlock their potential to build a better life.
SOURCE Aga Khan Foundation Canada (World Partnership Walk)
For further information: Fatima Crerar, 647-746-9040, [email protected]