- Free sports app delivers mobile-first coverage from the world's biggest soccer tournament
TORONTO, June 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Free sports app theScore (TSX Venture: SCR) will deliver the very best mobile-first coverage from Brazil, providing real-time news, stats and scores straight from the biggest soccer tournament in the world.
"It's going to be a thrilling summer of soccer and our app will be the perfect companion to stay on top of all the action from Brazil," said John Levy, Chairman and CEO of theScore, Inc.
The action kicks-off on Thursday, June 12 with theScore delivering:
Deep Personalization - Fans can follow the action that matters most to them:
- Data and news from their favorite games, teams and players will automatically appear and be updated in real-time as each game plays out in their very own personalized Feed, which is found in My Score.
- Fans can add their favorite team's schedule to their device's calendar and never miss a game.
Real-Time Alerts - Up-to-the-second alerts, including:
- Teams: Fans can receive alerts for breaking news from their favorite teams, as well as for every goal, red card, match start, match end, close match and half time score.
- Games: Follow single or multiple games, every game that day or every game from the entire tournament and get alerts for goals, red cards, match start, match end, close match and half time score.
- Players: Fans can select their favorite players and get breaking news alerts, as well as alerts for goals, assists, substitutions, yellow and red cards and clean sheets (goalkeepers only).
Mobile-First Content - Tournament content perfectly packaged for mobile devices:
- Real Time News: The biggest stories from Brazil, delivered in real-time by theScore's mobile-first Content Team.
- Shot Tracker: theScore will show fans exactly how every goal is scored with its Shot Tracker, found within each game's box score.
- Player Stats: theScore's Player Card feature breaks down the key stats on every player involved in the tournament.
- Bracket View: Fans can track their favorite team's route to the final in Brazil thanks to our fully interactive World Cup bracket view.
Levy added: "Our deep personalization features coupled with our mobile-first approach make us a must-have app for soccer fans who don't want to miss a moment."
Stay connected to theScore!
About theScore Inc.
theScore creates mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through an addictive combination of real-time news, scores, fantasy information and alerts while creating and curating content that is mobile optimized, comprehensive, customizable and seamlessly shareable. theScore is available on iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices.
Forward-looking (safe harbour) statement
Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. Any statement containing words such as "may", "would", "could", "will", "believes", "plans", "anticipates", "estimates", "expects" or "intends" and other similar statements which are not historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking, and these statements involve risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations. Such statements reflect theScore's current views with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause the Company's actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward looking statements, including among other things, those which are discussed under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Information Form as filed with the TSX Venture Exchange and available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and elsewhere in documents that theScore files from time to time with securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Image with caption: "theScore's personalized 'Feed' on Android (CNW Group/theScore, Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140610_C9247_PHOTO_EN_41218.jpg
Image with caption: "theScore App (CNW Group/theScore, Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140610_C9247_PHOTO_EN_41226.jpg
SOURCE: theScore, Inc.
For further information:
Tel: 416.479.8812 ext. 2366
Email: [email protected]