- Leading sports app delivers richer visuals and deeper real-time game data and stats
TORONTO, Sept. 8, 2014 /CNW/ - theScore (TSX Venture: SCR) is the definitive football companion on mobile devices this season, with the latest update to the leading sports app taking fans closer to the gridiron than ever before.
theScore has completely updated its box scores to provide the most detailed, comprehensive, in-depth football data found on a multi-sport mobile app - complementing all the great features sports fans have come to expect, including deep personalization, real-time news and comprehensive scores and stats.
On top of the usual live game scores, news and recaps, fans will be able to enjoy the deepest real-time, mobile-first football coverage, including:
- Rich Scoring Play Visuals
- Football fans will now be able to see exactly how a scoring play was made via rich graphics that show every key moment leading up to touchdown or field goal, including the number of plays, rush yards, pass yard and total time of that drive.
- Breaking News Updates
- Fans will be kept on top of the latest breaking news from theScore's team of news editors throughout the season, delivering sports content as stories break in a way that's perfect for mobile consumption - short bursts of information, combined with rich media and updated in real-time.
- Real-Time Fantasy News
- theScore will offer fantasy football managers real-time stats on key players, filtered by position. They'll also be able to follow any player and get push alerts for breaking news - including injury updates - as well as in-game plays like touchdowns, interceptions, fumbles and game milestones.
- More Player Comparison Data
- Available before and after each game, fans can now compare season and individual game totals of key players for each matchup side-by-side - a perfect tool for checking which team has the edge in the key battles.
- Odds Movement Visualizations
- A clear picture of how each game's point spread and total have changed since the opening numbers were set by oddsmakers via a dynamic graphic that updates in real-time.
- Situational Team Splits
- Perfect for those 'couch offensive coordinators,' theScore has added situational team splits to live games, giving fans the inside track on what the next play the offense will likely be running.
"Baseball fans loved the richer visuals theScore gave them in the spring, and now we're giving our vast army of millions of football fans that same exceptional experience, taking them beyond the box score on their mobile device," said John Levy, Chairman and CEO of theScore.
"Whether you're a casual fan or a hardcore fantasy manager that needs to know every stat and detail the very moment it happens, theScore is your go-to app for most visually engaging and comprehensive, mobile-first coverage this football season."
Stay connected to theScore!
About theScore Inc.
theScore creates mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through an addictive combination of real-time news, scores, fantasy information and alerts while creating and curating content that is mobile optimized, comprehensive, customizable and seamlessly shareable. theScore is available on iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone devices.
Forward-looking (safe harbour) statement
Statements made in this news release that relate to future plans, events or performances are forward-looking statements. Any statement containing words such as "may", "would", "could", "will", "believes", "plans", "anticipates", "estimates", "expects" or "intends" and other similar statements which are not historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking, and these statements involve risks and uncertainties and are based on current expectations. Such statements reflect theScore's current views with respect to future events and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Many factors could cause the Company's actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements that may be expressed or implied by such forward looking statements, including among other things, those which are discussed under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Information Form as filed with the TSX Venture Exchange and available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com and elsewhere in documents that theScore files from time to time with securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. The Company does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Image with caption: "theScore's new football features arrive on iOS and Android (CNW Group/theScore, Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140908_C8664_PHOTO_EN_42650.jpg
SOURCE: theScore, Inc.
For further information:
Tel: 416.479.8812 ext. 2366