GATINEAU, QC, May 17, 2018 /CNW/ - For the by-election now underway in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord (Quebec), electors can choose the voting option that best suits their schedule. They can vote:
- on election day on June 18, 2018.
- at advance polls on Friday, June 8; Saturday, June 9; Sunday, June 10; or Monday, June 11.
- in person at the Elections Canada offices in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord, if they apply before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12.
- by mail. Electors must apply to vote by mail before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12.
- Application forms are available online, as well as at the Elections Canada offices in Chicoutimi–Le Fjord and Canadian missions abroad. They can also be requested by calling 1‑800‑463‑6868.
- Electors can mail in a paper application or submit their application online.
- Electors voting by mail should plan ahead. They must allow time for their voting kit to reach them and for their marked ballot to return to Elections Canada.
- Marked ballots must be received by the election day deadline or they will not be counted
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is online.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Voting and identification rules are different for Canadian Forces electors, incarcerated electors and Canadian electors who live abroad.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca