500 participants gathering to foster regional collaboration, explore practical solutions to empower African youth and address development challenges.
DOHA, Qatar, April 25, 2018 /CNW/ - After successful regional gatherings in Tunis, Beijing and Madrid, the World Innovation Summit for Education is hosting a first regional forum in Accra, Ghana, on May 9th, 2018, with the patronage of the President of the Republic of Ghana, H.E. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
Under the theme "Unlocking the World's Potential: Leading and Innovating for Quality Education in Africa", [email protected] will explore innovations in Africa that aim to overcome current limitations and pave new ways to empower the youth to lead and innovate. The event will engage prominent leaders, policymakers and youth on concrete steps towards an improved and connected education system.
Central to discussions will be topics such as quality education and its key drivers, empowering the next generation through innovation, investing and collaborating for sustainable impact, and galvanizing communities to transform the continent. Regional collaboration will also be highlighted.
Confirmed speakers include:
- H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana
- Hon. Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, Minister of Education, Ministry of Education of the Republic of Ghana
- Dr. Eugene Owusu, Special Advisor to the President of the Republic of Ghana on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Dr. Patrick Awuah, President, Ashesi University College
- Dolores Dickson, Executive Director, Camfed Ghana
- Daniel Dotse, Co-founder and CEO, Teach for Ghana
- Shadrack Frimpong, Founder, Cocoa 360
- Regina Honu, Founder, Soronko Solutions
- H.E Dr. Amel Karboul, Education Commissioner, International Commission on Financing Global Education
- Zyad Limam, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, Afrique Magazine
- Carl Manlan, CEO, Eco-bank Foundation
- Noella Coursaris Musunka, Founder, Malaika Foundation and Ambassador for the Global Fund
- H.E Aïcha Bah Diallo, Former Chair, Forum of African Women Educationalists
About the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative, evidence-based thinking, debate, and purposeful action in education. Through the biennial summit, [email protected] conferences, collaborative research and a range of on-going programs, WISE is a global reference in new approaches to education.
Visit http://www.wise-qatar.org for further information.
Join the conversation using the hash tag #WISEAccra and #AfricaEd
Twitter #WISEAccra twitter.com/WISE_Tweets
SOURCE WISE - World Innovation Summit for Education
For further information: Media contact: Lina Lahlou, [email protected]