LIVERPOOL, England, Feb. 9, 2015 /CNW/ -- As the global job market becomes increasingly competitive, professionals are looking to quickly gain specialised knowledge and skills to advance in their careers. The University of Liverpool Management School is meeting this demand by offering new online Postgraduate Certificates (PGCerts) in Corporate Finance, Human Resource Management, International Accounting and Finance, Management, Marketing, Operations and Supply Chain Management, and Project Management. Each programme is fully online and takes as little as one year, giving students the opportunity to continue in their jobs while they deepen their understanding of current trends and issues in their chosen field.
"Thanks to the concise online format, professionals can earn a postgraduate certificate in just one year, gaining the enhanced skills they need to stay ahead professionally. They will also connect and collaborate with other experienced international professionals, building their network and developing globally relevant and transferable skills. And they can apply their new knowledge immediately, increasing their positive impact in their workplace," said Professor Michael McKenzie, Interim Dean of the School of Management.
The online postgraduate certificates in Management are offered by the University of Liverpool Management School, one of an elite group of business schools worldwide with AACSB Accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. All seven new postgraduate certificates are accredited by the AACSB. Since the four modules of the certificate programmes are part of a corresponding University of Liverpool online masters degree, students can also choose to continue studying and graduate with a full masters degree. The new online postgraduate certificates are:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Finance, which provides the fundamental knowledge of international corporate finance, including themes that parallel the expansion of global financial markets and institutions.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management, based on current HR trends and aimed at equipping students with the skills related to strategic HR and its fit within a modern organisation.
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Accounting and Finance, providing a strong foundation in international accounting and finance principles and theories and offering students a greater understanding of how these influence the strategic financial decision-making process in an organisation.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management, which helps equip students with up-to-date management knowledge and skills and connects them with international professionals as they study key aspects of strategic management, business leadership and finance.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Marketing, based on the latest industry trends and designed to help marketing professionals advance their skills for the increasingly strategic role that marketing plays in organisations.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Operations and Supply Chain Management, designed to provide students with skills and knowledge in core operations, supply chain and management, as well as a broad theoretical foundation they can apply in their workplace.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management, which helps equip students with a strategic project-management skill set in demand globally and gain a thorough understanding of the full project life cycle.
Designed for working professionals, the University of Liverpool's fully online learning model enables students to earn an advanced academic degree without interrupting their career – from wherever they are based in the world. Students enjoy an engaging, global and highly collaborative learning experience that provides them with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills to achieve immediate professional impact.
For more information about the University of Liverpool's online programmes, visit www.university-liverpool-online.com.
About the University of Liverpool Online Programmes
The University of Liverpool ranks in the top 1% of universities worldwide (in the first 200 of an estimated 20,000 higher education institutions) and is a member of the UK's Russell Group of research-led universities. More than 10,500 students from more than 160 countries are studying for postgraduate certificates, masters and doctoral degrees online with the University of Liverpool. These programmes are provided in partnership with online learning expert, Laureate Online Education.
SOURCE University of Liverpool Online Programmes
For further information: Jerry Sweitzer, PR Manager, Laureate Online Education, Tel: +1-410-843-6576, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.university-liverpool-online.com