– Acclaimed video-streaming service TMN GO now available to subscribers in Western Canada –
– TMN's premium mix of Hollywood movies, big-buzz programming from HBO and SHOWTIME, and the finest Canadian titles now available to everyone –
– National marketing campaign from the Bell Media Agency premiered during the Oscars® –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1QnPmyd
TORONTO, March 1, 2016 /CNW/ - And . . . action! Bell Media's premium Pay TV services The Movie Network (TMN) and TMN Encore are now available to all Canadians. Effective today, previous subscribers to Movie Central and Encore Avenue in Western Canada, as well as millions of other Canadians, can now access TMN and TMN Encore.
Comprising four, 24-hour, high definition multiplex channels, TMN offers the biggest movies from the majority of Hollywood studios, exclusive watercooler programming from HBO and SHOWTIME, and a vast offering of acclaimed Canadian feature films, documentaries, comedy specials, and series. Subscribers also have the option to add TMN Encore, two 24-hour, high definition channels with classic films from every era. Together, TMN and TMN Encore offer unmatched value for entertainment lovers with thousands of hours of premium movies and series.
Subscribers to TMN and TMN Encore are also offered this unparalleled premium content via TMN OnDemand, a Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) service available through their television service provider's set top box. Additionally, for the first time ever in Western Canada, subscribers will also have access to TMN GO, a video streaming service available on tablets, smartphones, computers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
"TMN subscribers have it all – the best premium movies, series, and specials all in one place – and we couldn't be more excited to bring this incredible service to all Canadians," said Tracey Pearce, Senior Vice-President, Specialty and Pay, Bell Media. "With multiple channels and access to all content on demand and on TMN GO, The Movie Network provides an unparalleled value proposition, unavailable anywhere else in Canada."
This announcement comes in advance of the series and season premieres of a long list of new programming coming to the service, including: a new season of SHOWTIME drama HOUSE OF LIES alongside new SHOWTIME comedy DICE on April 10; the highly anticipated HBO original film CONFIRMATION on April 16; new seasons of can't miss HBO series GAME OF THRONES, VEEP, and SILICON VALLEY on April 24; a new season of SHOWTIME hit PENNY DREADFUL on May 1; the highly anticipated new drama from SHOWTIME, ROADIES, starting June 26; and the second season premiere of the acclaimed Canadian original series SENSITIVE SKIN, coming this Spring.
Subscribers to TMN and TMN Encore enjoy the following:
- Hollywood hit movies. Through deals with a majority of Hollywood studios, TMN offers an unparalleled lineup of fresh Hollywood hits. Current titles include: CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, RICKI AND THE FLASH, ENTOURAGE, FURIOUS 7, FURY, THE GOOD LIE, INHERENT VICE, MAGIC MIKE XXL, PIXELS, ROBOCOP, SAN ANDREAS, SNOWPIERCER, VACATION, and many more. Upcoming titles include BROOKLYN, HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2, JURASSIC WORLD, MINIONS, ROOM, SOUTHPAW, TRAINWRECK, and more.
- HBO Canada, a multiplex channel of TMN dedicated to HBO's can't-miss lineup, including: acclaimed new series such as VINYL, plus GAME OF THRONES, GIRLS, VEEP, SILICON VALLEY, TOGETHERNESS, BALLERS, THE LEFTOVERS, BANSHEE, THE KNICK, ANIMALS, STRIKE BACK, TRUE DETECTIVE, REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER, and LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER; award-winning documentary programming such as THE JINX: THE LIFE AND DEATHS OF ROBERT DURST, PROJECT GREENLIGHT, VICE, GOING CLEAR: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE PRISON OF BELIEF, KURT COBAIN: MONTAGE OF HECK, and CITIZENFOUR; hard-hitting sports programming like HBO World Championship Boxing and HBO Boxing After Dark; HBO original films BESSIE and NIGHTINGALE; and more. Thanks to the recently announced unprecedented new partnership with HBO, HBO Canada also offers all past seasons of current series, allowing subscribers to catch-up on all episodes of any series now on air, on TMN OnDemand, and TMN GO.
- SHOWTIME. Bolstered by a a new long-term partnership with SHOWTIME, TMN subscribers also get all new series from SHOWTIME, including audience favourites like BILLIONS, SHAMELESS, THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE GREATEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, DARK NET, THE AFFAIR, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES, MASTERS OF SEX, PENNY DREADFUL, and RAY DONOVAN, available on TMN OnDemand and TMN GO.
- Canadian originals. Fans of Canadian film and television have access to hundreds of hours on TMN, TMN Encore, and TMN GO, including acclaimed, award-winning series, movies, and specials like 19-2, AWAY FROM HER, BEING CANADIAN, BEING JULIA, CAS & DYLAN, CURLING, ENEMY, THE F WORD, FANARCHY, THE GRAND SEDUCTION, LES INVASIONS BARBARES, JONATHAN STRANGE & MR NORRELL, KILLJOYS, MAPS TO THE STARS, MOMMY, MOUNTAIN MEN, ORPHAN BLACK, ROCK ICONS, SLINGS AND ARROWS, WOMEN WHO ACT and many more.
- Classics from every era. With new titles added every month, subscribers to TMN Encore round out their entertainment experience with access to more than 600 of the best movies ever made. This month's schedule includes such hits as ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY, BADLANDS, BONNIE AND CLYDE, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, DO THE RIGHT THING, GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, GLADIATOR, GOODFELLAS, HAPPY GILMORE, THE MALTESE FALCON, NETWORK, NORTH BY NORTHWEST, ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, PULP FICTION, RAY, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, THE SWEET HEREAFTER, TAXI DRIVER, THE WILD BUNCH, and hundreds more.
TMN subscribers in Western Canada can now enjoy all of this programming on the device of their choice with TMN GO, The Movie Network's best-in-class video-streaming service available in the Xbox App store on Xbox One and Xbox 360, on the Windows App store, as well as Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-Ray players, iOS and Android tablets and phones, and on the web at tmngo.ca.
The Movie Network's national launch is supported with a multi-phase, integrated marketing campaign targeted to all Canadians with touch-points on-air, digital, social, OOH, print, and radio. Leveraging Bell Media's unmatched cross-promotional ability, the Bell Media Agency's campaign kicked off last Sunday night during the CTV broadcast of the 88th Academy Awards® with a new spot letting Western Canadians know about TMN and encouraging all Canadians to subscriber now. Click here to watch the new TMN spot.
About The Movie Network:
The Movie Network is a national pay television service delivering premiere access to Hollywood hit movies, new and exclusive HBO content, critically acclaimed SHOWTIME series and first-rate Canadian programming to subscribers. The Movie Network and TMN Encore service includes six 24-hour multiplex channels - TMN 1, TMN 2, TMN 3, HBO Canada 1, TMN Encore, and TMN Encore 2. All six multiplex channels are simulcast in High Definition and joined by TMN GO, a multi-platform video streaming service, and The Movie Network OnDemand. The Movie Network is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
More information about The Movie Network is available at www.themovienetwork.ca.
SOURCE The Movie Network
Image with caption: "The Movie Network (CNW Group/The Movie Network)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160301_C5480_PHOTO_EN_632161.jpg
Image with caption: "HBO Canada (CNW Group/The Movie Network)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160301_C5480_PHOTO_EN_632172.jpg
Image with caption: "TMN Encore (CNW Group/The Movie Network)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160301_C5480_PHOTO_EN_632174.jpg
For further information: Scott Campbell, 416.384.4235 or [email protected]