Paul Alofs, President & CEO of The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation and Rose Reisman, health & wellness expert, best-selling author, owner & chef of Rose Reisman Catering will share the exciting news with Weekend Participants and will be available for press interviews.
TORONTO, April 25, 2012 /CNW/ -
The Toronto Weekend Extravaganza is an annual training & social event hosted by The Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women's Cancers at Steam Whistle Brewery. The event is FREE and open to The Public, and will feature a catered lunch, complimentary wine, beer & soft drinks. Public RSVP is required at www.endcancer.ca under the "Calendar of Events" section.
The event will include a 10K training walk along the waterfront followed by a ceremony with speeches from Paul Alofs, President and CEO of The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, who will announce this year's entertainment line up, catering selection and other exciting event festivities surrounding The Weekend's 10 Years Strong Campaign.
Additionally, Rose Reisman, Health and Wellness expert, best-selling Canadian author, and owner and chef of Rose Reisman Catering will address participants sharing her personal story for participation in this year's Toronto Weekend.
There will also be an expo for attendees to enjoy a variety of vendors, a range of giveaways and raffle prizes. The general public is encouraged to attend this exciting annual event.
To RSVP, register for the 10th annual Weekend, make a donation or learn more, call 416.815.9255 or visit www.endcancer.ca
WHERE & WHEN:
- Sunday, April 29th 2012 from 12:00pm - 4:00pm at Steam Whistle Brewery 255 Bremner Boulevard Toronto, ON, M5V 3M9
- Notable Times:
- 12:00pm - Walk Stretch & Start
- 2:15pm - Press Check In
- 2:30pm - Speeches & Announcement
- 2:45pm to 4pm - Press Interviews
MEDIA & INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
- Paul Alofs, President & CEO of The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation
- Rose Reisman, Health and Wellness Expert, best-selling author, owner and chef of Rose Reisman Catering, participant in the 2012 Weekend
- Participants - Several Weekend survivors, participants and supporters will be on hand to share their personal stories of survival, loss, hope & motivation.
For further information:
CONTACT: MEDIA RSVP IS PREFERRED
Ailish Steele, Communications Manager
E: [email protected]