- Month-long birthday celebration features chance to win one of 25 Caribbean cruises -
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Feb. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - For 25 years, dedicated shoppers, occasional browsers, and everyone in between has turned to The Shopping Channel, making it Canada's go-to destination for television and online shopping. Today, Canada's favourite 24-hour shop-at-home service turns 25, and The Shopping Channel is throwing a year-long birthday bash that won't soon be forgotten.
In honour of its 25th birthday, The Shopping Channel is launching its biggest giveaway ever - the chance to win one of 25 Caribbean cruises, in partnership with Travelocity.ca. Customers are asked to spot the Travelocity.ca Roaming Gnome throughout the on-air broadcast or online to qualify to enter to win the chance for a four night, five day cruise throughout the Caribbean. More information on how to enter the contest can be found at theShoppingChannel.com/birthday.
Throughout the month of February Canadians will be able to shop for incredible values from brands, such as Kitchen Aid, Hewlett Packard, Garmin, Kobo, Wolfgang Puck and Spanx. The month-long shopping extravaganza culminates in a very special day on February 25th in what could be the biggest-selling Today's Showstopper® in The Shopping Channel's 25-year history. Tune in on February 25th to find out more!
"We're excited to celebrate this milestone in Canadian retailing," said Ted Starkman, Executive Vice-President and General Manager, The Shopping Channel. "In honour of this momentous occasion, we will be rewarding our valued customers each and every day, all month long, with special events and fantastic values - both online and on our national broadcast."
Fun Facts and Hidden Gems about The Shopping Channel
- Broadcasts live 18 hours per day, 364 days per year; produces 6,552 hours of live TV per year
- Presents more than 800 products each week
- In 2011, shipped 4 million items
- The distribution centre sends an average of 16,000 packages daily
- Receives up to 10,000 emails/phone calls daily from customers
- Joan Rivers has been appearing on The Shopping Channel for 15 years
- theShoppingChannel.com launched in 1999
- Now an industry-leading eCommerce site accounting for nearly 40 per cent of all company sales
- In 2011, achieved sales of more than $100 million
- Attracts nearly 1 million unique visitors per month
- More than 200,000 videos viewed per month
- Is the only retailer in Canada to live stream two screens - television and online
- Reaches 8.5 million Canadian households
- Is Canada's only nationally-televised 24-hour shop-at-home service
About The Shopping Channel
Headquartered in Mississauga, ON, The Shopping Channel is a leading interactive, multi-channel retailer, offering a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. The Shopping Channel incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry leaders to provide a unique shopping experience. At The Shopping Channel, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty (e.g. Elizabeth Grant, Perricone MD, Juice Beauty); Jewellery (e.g. Tracey Bregman, Joan Rivers); Home/Lifestyle (e.g. Dyson, Wolfgang Puck, KitchenAid); Fashion/Accessories (e.g. Wayne Clark, Brian Bailey,) and Electronics (e.g. Canon, Garmin, Bose, Samsung). The Shopping Channel is one of Canada's most innovative and diversified retailers and a division of Rogers Broadcasting Limited (a subsidiary of Rogers Media Inc.) Learn more at theShoppingChannel.com.
For further information:
Mary Dunne, The Shopping Channel, 905-362-7736, [email protected]