- CTV delivers four of the Top 6 programs Monday -
- THE BIG BANG THEORY explodes in new Monday-night timeslot -
- FOREVER wins 10 p.m. timeslot with 1.8 million viewers -
- SAVING HOPE Season 3 premiere grows 36% versus Season 2 premiere -
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1ypT9n4
TORONTO, Sept. 23, 2014 /CNW/ - An initial audience of 2.4 million viewers tuned into the series premiere of GOTHAM on CTV last night, the biggest audience for a series premiere since the debut of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. last September, preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. The most-watched drama on Canadian television Monday, GOTHAM helped CTV seize Night 1 of Premiere Week with the Top 4 audiences of the day among total viewers and all key demos, and four of the Top 6 most-watched programs overall.
Exploding on Monday nights for the next five weeks and winning the night overall, THE BIG BANG THEORY Season 8 premiere was watched by 3.2 million viewers, while the all-new episode that followed grew to 3.5 million viewers. Part 1 of the series debut of FOREVER was the second most-watched drama of the night with at least 1.8 million viewers, while CTV's hit medical drama SAVING HOPE returned for its third season with 1.1 million viewers.
**Media Note** Photography from Monday night programming is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
A closer look at Monday, according to Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
- Between 7-8 p.m., all-new back-to-back episodes of THE BIG BANG THEORY averaged 3.3 million viewers, making it the most-watched program of the night with total viewers and all key demos.
- At 8 p.m., nearly one in three English-language A18-34, A18-49, and A25-54 viewers watching television last night were tuned to GOTHAM on CTV. In Toronto, the premiere delivered a 14.4 rating for A18-34, 11.3 for A18-49 and a 10.6 for A25-54. In Montreal, it delivered an 11.1 rating for A25-54 and a 10.0 for A18-49.
- In the competitive 9 p.m. timeslot, CTV original series SAVING HOPE (1.1 million) debuted its third season with 1.1 million viewers, up 36% with A25-54 and 8% with A18-49 versus the Season 2 premiere.
- At 10 p.m. FOREVER (1.8 million) was the third most-watched program of the night overall with total viewers and all key demos, delivering 22% more viewers than timeslot competitor THE BLACKLIST (1.5 million; Global/NBC).
Premiere Week continues on CTV and CTV GO tonight with Part 2 of the series premiere of FOREVER at 8 p.m. ET/PT, as well as the season premieres of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. at 9 p.m. ET/PT and PERSON OF INTEREST at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Also, THE VOICE continues with blind auditions tonight at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). Overnight vs. overnight.
For further information: