TORONTO, April 19, 2018 /CNW/ - The Printing House™ (TPH®) has once again been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2018.
This special designation is given to Canadian employers that lead the nation in creating a culture of environmental awareness. Announced shortly before Earth Day, the editorial board at Mediacorp Canada Inc. hopes to promote a new green standard for employers to develop exceptional earth-friendly initiatives. The Printing House's green volunteerism goes hand-in-hand with its philosophy of being eco-friendly in its operations.
Since 1961, TPH has believed that doing the right thing is good for business. 93.7 per cent of the paper TPH purchased in 2017 was environmentally certified, with 91.5 per cent of the paper designated as Forest Stewardship Council-certified. "Our continued goal is to inch ahead to 100 per cent," says Andrew O'Born, Vice President of Business Development, pointing out that being devoted to Earth-friendly initiatives has attracted like-minded customers to use TPH's services sustainably, and employees to join TPH because of its environmental leadership.
Jamie O'Born, TPH President adds "We remain committed to educating our Teams on environmentally-responsible choices and we will use our influence to raise awareness on these important initiatives."
Some of TPH's Green Initiatives include:
- Recognized as the most sustainable and forest friendly printer in Canada by Canopy in 2017 (#2 in North America).
- Implementation of a Paper Procurement Policy in 2015, with guidelines provided by not-for-profit partner Canopy. Ensures that we are not sourcing from ancient and endangered forest hotspots.
- Commitment to sustainable sourcing: three forest-based certifications including Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) CoC certification by Rainforest Alliance (FSC-C019596), Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) CoC certification (SFI-00537), and Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC®) CoC certification (PEFC/26-31-15).
- Corporate Hive Hosting in partnership with Toronto Bee Rescue. Head Office is home to eight honeybee hives, turning our Head Office roof into a hub for local pollination.
- Annual corporate partnership (since 2015) with WWF-Canada as part of an initiative to become an active member in conserving our planet's natural environment, sponsoring and actively participating in events including the WWF's CN Tower Climb for Nature and the Kids' Run for Nature.
- Forest Farmer™ offsets our environmental footprint and restores Canadian forests. For each new Corporate Account opened, a tree is planted in a Canadian forest.
View the full list of Canada's Greenest Employers 2018 at http://www.canadastop100.com/green.
About The Printing House
The Printing House has been a recognized leader and innovator in the printing industry for 57 years. Specializing in short run, on demand printing, with over 70 Company-owned locations from coast to coast, we consistently meet and exceed customer expectations for service, quality and speed. For more information, visit www.tph.ca.
SOURCE The Printing House Limited
For further information: Andrew O'Born, Vice President of Business Development, The Printing House, 416-538-5004 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Printing House Limited™ (TPH®) has been a recognized leader and innovator in the printing industry for 56 years. Specializing in short run, on demand printing, with over 70 Company-owned locations from coast to coast, we consistently meet and exceed customer expectations for service, quality and speed. For more information, visit www.tph.ca
Also from this source: