Supporting one of the Top 5 Cancer Research Centres in the World, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
TORONTO, June 16, 2017 /CNW/ - The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation is proud to announce the launch of its first annual Game Changers Online fundraising auction in conjunction with Golf to Conquer Cancer.
A "Game Changer" is someone in their field who is recognized as positively affecting the lives of millions of people and who makes a difference to the industries they are in, the communities where they live and the work they do. This year's Game Changers also have a Canadian tie and a desire to make a difference in Cancer Research.
Net proceeds from the auction will support the important work taking place at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
This year's Spectacular Game Changers Include:
- Celine Dion (Canadian Singer and Headliner in Las Vegas)
- Heather Reisman (Chief Executive, Indigo Books & Music)
- Robert Herjavec (Canadian Businessman, Shark Tank Investor & TV Personality)
- Larry Rosen (Chairman of Harry Rosen Inc.)
- Michael Smith (Celebrity Chef)
- John Ruffolo (Chief Executive Officer, OMERS Ventures)
- Jack Armstrong (Toronto Raptors, TSN Sportscaster)
- Stephen Amell (Canadian Actor, TV show Arrow & 2016 movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
The Game Changers have donated their personal time and some amazing once-in-a-lifetime experiences including:
- Show plus Meet and Greet in Las Vegas with Celine Dion
- Sit Down Meet and Greet and Lunch with Heather Reisman
- Meet and Greet with Robert Herjavec in Los Angeles
- Lunch with Larry Rosen at One Restaurant and $5000 shopping spree
- VIP Experience with Game Changer - Celebrity Chef, Michael Smith
- Cycling and lunch with John Ruffolo
- Job Shadow with Jack Armstrong at a Toronto Raptor's Game
- Visit Set of Hit Television Show "Arrow" with Actor Stephen Amell
This auction is LIVE for bidding and ends on July 14, 2017 at 10:00 P.M.
You can visit the auction site and bid at: http://gamechangersauction.com
Social media profiles can be found on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/PMGameChangers
Or on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PMGameChangers
As one of the Top 5 Cancer Research Centres in the World, and with your help, The Princess Margaret can continue to be a true "Game Changer" in the fight against cancer and achieve our goal to Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime!
About Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre has achieved an international reputation as a global leader in the fight against cancer and delivering Personalized Cancer Medicine. The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world, is a member of the University Health Network, which also includes Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and The Michener Institute for Education at UHN. All are research hospitals affiliated with the University of Toronto. www.theprincessmargaret.ca
About The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation at University Health Network is raising funds to lead the way in Personalized Cancer Medicine at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, which includes The Campbell Family Cancer Research Institute and The Campbell Family Institute for Breast Cancer Research. www.thepmcf.ca
SOURCE Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
For further information: Media Contacts: Nick Taylor, Chief Golf Officer, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, (416) 993-5720, Nick.email@example.com; Ivy Cuervo, Director, Brand Communications, The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, (416) 946-4661, firstname.lastname@example.org