Government of Canada awards more than $48,000 in financial assistance to the Festi Jazz international de Rimouski
RIMOUSKI, QC, Aug. 31, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
The Government of Canada's investment in sports and cultural events is an effective way to support actions that generate substantial economic and media spinoff in the regions in which the events are held.
On the occasion of the opening of the 32nd Festi Jazz international de Rimouski (website in French only), the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for CED, announced that $48,400 in financial assistance, in the form of a non-repayable contribution, has been granted to commercialize the 2017 and 2018 events outside Quebec.
Festi Jazz Rimouski Inc. is an organization whose mission is to organize and promote the Festi Jazz international de Rimouski, allowing tourists and Quebecers to discover various jazz styles. The funding awarded through CED's Quebec Economic Development Program (QEDP) will go toward hospitality for journalists and foreign representatives, advertising costs and participation in events for target markets. The project also involves the design of a new Internet site and bilingual application, English translation of the various promotional tools and the purchase of digital production equipment for Web promotion.
"The Government of Canada supports mobilizing and unifying projects like the Festi Jazz international de Rimouski, which showcase the regions of Canada abroad. These artistic events generate significant spinoff in terms of jobs, tourism and visibility for Canada."
The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister responsible for CED
- Festi Jazz Rimouski Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is to give jazz lovers from Bas-Saint-Laurent, the rest of Quebec and the Maritimes access to high-quality shows in an urban and maritime environment.
- The 2017 line-up includes 60 shows with 300 artists, including two Grandes soirées du jazz québécois, featuring many major Quebec musicians.
- The shows in the Festi Jazz international de Rimouski, which attract over 30,000 people annually, will be presented on 15 stages in the area, including a festive site in the heart of downtown Rimouski.
- CED is one of the six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
- For more information on CED's key directions until 2021, consult Strategic Plan 2021 or visit www.dec-ced.gc.ca.
Follow CED on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
Follow the Festi Jazz international de Rimouski on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
SOURCE Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
For further information: Media Relations, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, Tel.: 514-283-7443, Email: email@example.com