TORONTO, March 17, 2015 /CNW/ - Family Channel, DHX Media's leading kids' specialty network, kicked off March Break on a high note as the network's hit tween drama series The Next Step was the most-watched program on Monday, March 16 across all stations with its key demos of kids 7-11 and kids 8-14.1
In the 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. timeslot, the highly-anticipated season three premiere of The Next Step was the #1 program across all specialty stations with its target demo of kids 6-12 and kids 8-14 2 and garnered nearly three times the amount of viewers versus all other kids specialty channels.3 Additionally, the premiere was the #1 non-sports program across all specialty stations with the Ind. 2+ audience.4
Family also won the night with key demos on Friday, March 13, anchored by a special edition of The Next Step season two finale. The extended episode was the most-watched program of the night with the K7-11, K8-14 and Ind. 2+ audiences.5
New episodes from season three of The Next Step continue to air weekdays at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT. Tonight, Emily (Alexandra Beaton) is faced with a tough decision that puts her chance to dance for a spot on the Internationals team in jeopardy.
Family Channel offers the best in family television entertainment for children and their families in a premium, commercial-free environment. Dedicated to celebrating family life and providing a fun experience for all, Family airs a unique mix of series, movies and specials, with a large portion of programming supplied by Disney. Family Channel also offers Family OnDemand, a television-based Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) service and Family OnLine, an internet-based, streaming service, these services, available at no additional cost, present hit Disney movies and series, plus top-rated Canadian series to subscribers when they want it, where they want it. Visit us at Family.ca.
About DHX Television
DHX Television is comprised of Family Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior (English & French) and is part of DHX Media Ltd. (TSX: DHX.A, DHX.B), a leading creator, producer, marketer and broadcaster of family entertainment. DHX Media Ltd. markets and distributes its library of more than 11,000 half-hours of entertainment programming worldwide, and licenses its owned properties through its dedicated consumer products business. DHX Media Ltd.'s full-service international licensing agency, Copyright Promotions Licensing Group Ltd. (CPLG), represents numerous entertainment, sport and design brands. DHX Media Ltd. has offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Halifax, London, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Munich and Amsterdam.
- Numeris (BBM Canada)/Total Canada/All Stations(conventional and pay/specialty) Monday, March 16/15, 2a-2a, K7-11, K8-14. Based on overnight data with Same Day Playback.
- Numeris (BBM Canada)/Total Canada/All Pay/Specialty Stations, Monday, March 16/15, 7:30pm-8:30pm, K6-12, K8-14. Based on overnight data with Same Day Playback.
- Numeris (BBM Canada)/Total Canada/Family Channel vs. Kid Stations*(YTV, Disney XD, Teletoon, Teletoon Retro, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney Junior, Treehouse, TVO, BBC Kids), Monday, March 16/15, 7:30pm-8:30pm, K8-14. Based on overnight data with Same Day Playback.
- Numeris (BBM Canada)/Total Canada/All Pay/Specialty Stations, Monday, March 16/15, 7:30pm-8:30pm, Ind2+. Based on overnight data with Same Day Playback.
- Numeris (BBM Canada)/Total Canada/Family vs. YTV for Friday, March 13/15 from 7pm-10pm, K7-11, K6-12, K8-14, Ind.2+. Based on overnight data was Same Day Playback.
SOURCE DHX Television
For further information: Joanna Landsberg, Publicist - DHX Television, [email protected], 416.977.7458