MONTRÉAL, May 5, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - MEDTEQ, the Quebec Consortium for Industrial Research and Innovation in Medical Technology wishes to emphasize the relevance of the Quebec Life Science Strategy which comprises the following objectives : increase investments in innovation, develop a strong local industry, attract private investments and integrate innovation in our health and social services' system. The Quebec Government is investing 205 million $ for the next 5 years.
The new Strategy is the result of an ongoing dialogue between the Government and the stakeholders of the Life Science ecosystem which includes both pharmaceutical and medical technology industries
Mrs Diane Côté, CEO of MEDTEQ, made the following comments: « MEDTEQ is delighted with the measures articulating and supporting the 4 main objectives. They foster industrial development and span the entire innovation spectrum from research to integration into the health system. They are also calling upon the full value chain ».
Here are a few of these measures:
- Enhancement of the Collaborative Research Program
- Specific strategy for investors in the medical technology industry
- Activities to promote the sector at the global level
- Creation of the Bureau de l'innovation and Fonds de soutien à l'innovation
- Optimization of the evaluation process for innovative technologies from INESSS
- Promotion of technology showcases and access to public procurement
Two large growth vectors are identified to drive innovation as they are deemed strategic to meet the challenges of the coming decades. These vectors are precision medicine and big data processing thus building on the strengths of the Quebec Artificial Intelligence network. With such an extended scope, these vectors cover a significant part of the strategic orientations of MEDTEQ's members.
Since its inception in 2013, MEDTEQ :
- welcomed 110 members, 88% of which are participating in a research project supported by the Consortium; 57% of MEDTEQ's members are SMEs;
- approved 32 collaborative research projects supported by the MESI gathering industrial partners, researchers and clinicians;
- fostered strategic and financial leverage for all partners in these collaborative projects.
MEDTQE is the Quebec Consortium for Industrial Research and Innovation in Medical Technology. Its mission is to accelerate the development of innovative technological solutions to improve patients' health and quality of life. MEDTEQ supports their validation and integration in the healthcare system and their impact, both locally and globally, by bringing together the complementary skills of industrial and academic partners with those of healthcare providers.
For further information: Christiane Barette, MEDTEQ, 514.398.9772 # 265, email@example.com