- Free Preview will be available February 11 to 26 to Rogers, Videotron, Cogeco and EastLink Customers via their On Demand and On Demand Online platforms
- Audiences can check out HBO's new drama Luck, starring Dustin Hoffman; Showtime's edgy comedy House of Lies, starring Don Cheadle; Starz' epic Spartacus: Vengeance, in addition to such Canadian original series as Less Than Kind
TORONTO, Jan. 30, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - This February, Eastern Canada's premium pay television network, Astral's The Movie Network, is offering audiences the chance to sample its most popular and acclaimed series for free via the engaging, state-of-the-art On Demand and Online platforms of television providers Rogers, Videotron, Cogeco and EastLink. The offer is available from Saturday, February 11 to Sunday, February 26 to customers with access to the free On Demand services of participating cable providers, and includes an unrivalled line-up of series, including the hottest US cable hits and homegrown titles.
The Movie Network Free Sampling Preview will include select episodes of:
- Acclaimed HBO series like Luck, the new horseracing drama starring Dustin Hoffman, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, True Blood, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Treme;
- Showtime programming such as Dexter, Nurse Jackie, Californication, House of Lies and Episodes;
- the epic swords and sandals series Spartacus: Vengeance from Starz; and,
- cutting-edge originals from The Movie Network including Call Me Fitz, Less Than Kind, Good Dog and Funny As Hell.
"We are thrilled to be working with our partners at Rogers, Videotron, Cogeco and EastLink to provide Canadians with a sure-fire cure for the winter blues: a free sampling of the hottest premium television in the country," said Domenic Vivolo, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales, Astral Television Networks. "This free sampling of our service will not only provide Canadians with an opportunity to experience our unique and highly successful program offering, but it will also enable them to enjoy this content on the various multiplatform viewing options that are available to subscribers of The Movie Network at no additional charge."
The two-week preview will be available via these television providers on the following platforms:
- Rogers: Free On Demand (Channel 100) and Free Rogers On Demand Online (www.rogersondemand.com)
- Videotron: Free illico On Demand (Channel 900) and Free Online illico web (illicoweb.tv)
- Cogeco: Free On Demand (Visit Free On Demand on channel 600)
- EastLink: Free On Demand (Channel 200)
About The Movie Network On Demand and The Movie Network OnLine
Presented in partnership with participating television providers in Eastern Canada, The Movie Network On Demand, Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) services, and The Movie Network OnLine, an Internet-based content streaming service, are available at no additional cost with a subscription to The Movie Network. They reflect the weekly content offering of The Movie Network's current on-air and services - Hollywood hit movies and exclusive series from HBO, Showtime and Starz - and enable subscribers to rewind, play, pause and review title descriptions, in HD and at their own convenience. The Movie Network OnLine can be accessed on computers anywhere in Canada, wherever a high-speed Internet connection is available.
The Movie Network is a pay television service available in eastern Canada. With premiere access to Hollywood hit movies, new and exclusive HBO content, critically-acclaimed Showtime series and first-rate Canadian programming, this pay-television service presents Canadians with some of the best television entertainment available. The Movie Network service includes five 24-hour multiplex channels - M, HBO Canada, MExcess, MFun! and MFest - which deliver diverse and entertaining programs in an uncut and commercial-free television environment. The Movie Network also offers The Movie Network HD, HBO Canada HD, MExcess HD and MFun! HD, four dedicated high-definition channels providing hundreds of titles in HD; The Movie Network OnDemand, a Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) service, available in select areas across eastern Canada; and, TMN OnLine an Internet-based content streaming service available to BellTV, Rogers and Videotron subscribers. For more information, please visit www.themovienetwork.ca .
The Movie Network is a member of the Astral family. Astral Media Inc. (TSX : ACM.A/ACM.B) is one of Canada's largest media companies. It operates several of the country's most popular pay and specialty television, radio, out-of-home advertising and interactive media properties. Astral plays a central role in community life across the country by offering diverse, rich and vibrant programming that meets the tastes and needs of consumers and advertisers. To learn more about Astral, visit astral.com.
For further information:
The Movie Network (eastern Canada)