MONTREAL, Jan. 24, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The 48th edition of the Montreal International Auto Show (MIAS), presented by Desjardins Insurance, in collaboration with The Gazette, has just closed its doors, and we are very pleased to announce that 196 829 attendees lived the unique Auto Show experience over its 10 day duration (January 15 to 24, 2016).
Michel Gaudette, MIAS President, is thrilled with the results. "Quebecers have once again proven to be exceptional car enthusiasts and the attendee numbers are a testament of this success. The manufacturers presented several novelties for the public to admire and enjoy. The positive feedback received via our web platforms and social media are a witness of their appreciation and we are very delighted with the results".
The organisation is proud to have met the challenge by presenting a multitude of special features such as;
- The Pagani Huayra, headliner of the event, was a shining star;
- 2 North American premieres and more than 48 Canadian premieres;
- Close to 1100 test drives of the 2016 Top Favourites vehicles;
- More than 1200 CAA-Québec electric vehicle test drives;
- 40 Jaw dropping modified cars in the Scion Performance Zone;
- An ever-popular Kia childcare centre for families;
- An exceptional Charity Preview where a record amount of $702,181 was reached in a single evening ;
- A sold-out comedy show, with more than 2,200 people attending the "100 rires à l'heure" gala, hosted by Rachid Badouri;
- And, the final touch to the closing of the Show, the draw of a Mustang Fastback EcoBoost Premium offered by Ford Canada.
We're already looking forward to next year's event, which will take place from January 20 to 29, 2017.
Desjardins Insurance presented the Montreal International Auto Show, a production of the Montreal Automobile Dealers Corporation, in collaboration with The Gazette!
SOURCE MONTREAL INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW
For further information: Source: Tamar Kantarjian, Director, Communications and Marketing, Montreal International Auto Show, [email protected] / #myautoshow, 514-331-6571 (239); Information: Isabelle Fafard, [email protected], 514-865-8157