MONTREAL, Sept. 25, 2014 /CNW/ - The McKesson Foundation announces the launch of its 2015 Regional Grants Program, a Canada-wide campaign that each year provides financial assistance to a number of non-profit organizations whose mission is to assist children and youth in the areas of health, education and poverty.
McKesson Canada would like to encourage the submission of grant applications for one-time specific projects or programs. The Canadian Regional Grants Program typically awards grants that range in size from $2,500 to $25,000.
- Grant applications will be accepted from September 29 to October 31, 2014
- Grant recipients will be announced in spring 2015
- All grant applications must be submitted online at:
McKesson Canada is deeply committed to building healthier and stronger communities in which it operates. The Canadian Regional Grants Program awarded close to $250,000 to the following organizations in 2014:
- Christie Refugee Welcome Centre ($5,000) – Ontario
- Hope Air ($15,000) – New Brunswick
- Kawartha Lakes Food Source ($10,000) – Ontario
- Kids Help Phone ($25,000) – Quebec
- Kids' Health Links Foundation ($25,000) – Ontario
- Leave Out Violence Society BC ($20,000) – British Columbia
- Marie-Vincent Foundation ($10,687) – Quebec
- New Brunswick Youth Orchestra, Inc. ($25,000) – New Brunswick
- Simon Fraser University - Faculty of Applied Sciences ($13,500) – British Columbia
- Missing Children's Network Canada ($25,000) – Quebec
- Vanguard School ($25,000) – Quebec
- Yellow Brick House ($10,000) – Ontario
- YMCA on Central-East Ontario ($15,500) – Ontario
- YWCA of Calgary ($25,000) – Alberta
For more information, visit: https://www.mckesson.ca/en/archives1
About the McKesson Foundation
Founded in 1943, the McKesson Foundation is an initiative of McKesson Corporation, based in San Francisco. It is envisions a world where affordable, quality health care is available to all.
About McKesson Canada
Founded more than 100 years ago, McKesson Canada is dedicated to delivering vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients better, safer care. Our solutions empower pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals and other health care institutions by enabling them to get closer to the millions of patients they serve every single day, while contributing to the quality and safety of care in Canada.
SOURCE: MCKESSON CANADA
For further information: Lyna Morin, Advisor, Corporate Communications, McKesson Canada, 514.832.8068, [email protected]