MONTRÉAL, March 31, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - The excitement surrounding the lottery 100 $ ultime continues on the day following the draw of 20 prizes of $1,000,000. Just one hour after the doors opened at Loto-Québec's offices, 12 winners or groups of winners had come or phoned in to claim their prize in Montréal and Québec City.
Here are the 7 winners or groups of winners who have already received their cheques. Five others have already come forward and will be claiming their winnings shortly.
Nathalie Ann Dugal (group of 10), Montréal
- Nathalie and her group met a year ago.
- "We got a group of bachelors together to do all sorts of activities together."
- She suggested that the group purchase a 100 $ ultime ticket. One of the 20 combinations enabled them to pocket $1,000,000, that's $100,000 each.
- "We are definitely going to take a vacation together soon!"
- Manon, Karine, Sandra, Nancy, Nathalie, Mélanie, Véronique, Julie, Simon and Stéphane were in very good spirits when they came to claim their cheques.
- Retailer: Provigo Alimentation Éric Boivin (8750 Boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montréal)
Pascal Pronovost, Lanaudière
- "Let's just say that it was a short night, but I feel great!"
- "Last night, I was watching hockey to see if the Canadiens were going to make the playoffs. Then I remembered that it was the night of the 100 $ ultime draw. I checked my ticket and saw that I had all the right numbers."
- "At first, you don't believe it. Your brain says it's true, but your heart just can't believe it. Now that I have my cheque in hand, I know it's real."
- Retailer: Familiprix Michel Deschamps (480 Rue Principale, Saint-Donat-de-Montcalm).
Marc Moranville, Montérégie
- Mr. Moranville has been buying Lotto 6/49 tickets since the lottery was launched 35 years ago.
- This time, he decided to try his luck at 100 $ ultime. He has no regrets, as he pocketed a prize of $1,000,000.
- He plans on taking his time before deciding what he will do with his winnings. However, he does plan on pampering his children.
- His spouse was out doing volunteer work when he came to pick up his cheque.
- Retailer: Provigo Le Marché (1001 Boulevard De Montarville, Boucherville)
André Dionne, Capitale-Nationale
- Last night, Mr. Dionne was watching hockey while his spouse was upstairs watching the draws on TVA, ticket in hand. She shouted out that they were millionaires when she saw the winning numbers!
- He couldn't believe it: "I was sure she was mistaken."
- In the end, it was all true. He is $1,000,000 richer!
- He plans on taking a trip to Portugal.
- Retailer: Galeries Charlesbourg lottery kiosk (4250 1re Avenue, Québec)
Yves Renaud, Capitale-Nationale
- Mr. Renaud planned on retiring after 38 years in construction, but continued to work in order to pay for his children's education.
- When he saw that he had won $1,000,000, he called his boss to say that he would be late the next morning, and that it would also be his last day.
- "From now on, every day is Saturday!"
- Aside from his children's education, he plans on buying a truck.
- Retailer: Super Dépanneur Lac St-Charles (15500 Boulevard de la Colline, Québec)
Fernande Daignault (group of 11), Montérégie
- Fernande is part of a group of 11 people including her sisters, daughter, nieces and the spouse of one of the nieces.
- The members of the group are Fernande, Mélanie, Martine, Emerancienne, Michel, Véronique, Tina, Nicole, Lise, Huguette and Thérèse.
- They won $1,000,000 at the lottery 100 $ ultime.
- Ms. Daignault's sister was watching TVA when she saw they had all the winning numbers on their ticket. She immediately called Fernande and said: "What would you say to us winning a million?" Fernande replied: "Did we really win? You better not be pulling my leg!" She wasted no time in going to join her sister and together, the two confirmed that it was true!
- Despite the fact that it was late, they called everyone in the group to tell them the good news.
- Retirement and buying new furniture are among the plans of the members of the group.
- Retailer: Dépanneur Chanteclerc (290 Rue Jacques Cartier, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield)
Michel Giroux (group of 9), Montérégie and Lanaudière
- After the Habs locked in their spot in the playoffs, Michel checked the tickets on the Loto-Québec website.
- He couldn't believe his eyes. He checked the numbers several times and even sent a picture of the ticket to his brother-in-law to make sure they had actually won $1,000,000.
- The family has the habit of buying a Célébration ticket together every year. This time around, they decided to form a group for 100 $ ultime. "You never know! We thought that it was worth a shot to try for it as a group, and we end up winning!"
- When he called the members of the group to tell them the good news, they all though it was an early April Fool's joke, but it wasn't!
- Denis, Sophie, Diane, Jacqueau, Michel, Sylvain, Denis, Robert and Carole will be letting the dust settle before deciding what they will do with their winnings.
- Retailer: Super C (85 Boulevard Brien, Repentigny)
Lottery prize payments in gaming establishments
Lottery winners may claim their prizes at the Trois-Rivières and Québec City gaming halls, Loto-Québec's Montréal and Québec City offices, or at the Casino de Montréal, Casino du Lac-Leamy, Casino de Charlevoix or Casino de Mont-Tremblant. See details on Loto-Québec's website at https://loteries.lotoquebec.com/en/winners/you-have-won.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to December 31, 2016, a record 104 prizes worth $1 million or more were won in Québec.
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, email@example.com, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, firstname.lastname@example.org