TORONTO, Dec. 6 /CNW/ - The Kobo WiFi eReader is the season's most sought after holiday gift at Indigo, Chapters and Coles stores, and online at chapters.indigo.ca.
"The Kobo WiFi eReader is proving to be one of the most sought after gifts this holiday season, offering an affordable, easy to use, wireless experience," said Deirdre Horgan, EVP, and CMO at Indigo Books and Music Inc. "Due to the Kobo eReaders' popularity, we've already reordered to keep up with the outstanding demand. Our customers love reading and this Christmas they can be sure they will find their perfect eReading gift with us."
Indigo has reordered and stores are replenishing as frequently as possible. Holiday shoppers are encouraged to visit chapters.indigo.ca to determine availability of the Kobo WiFi at their local store. They can also get their device in time for Christmas by ordering online until December 17th in the GTA, Windsor, Montreal and Ottawa corridor, or by December 9th in the rest of Canada, with free shipping.
Read right out of the box. The Kobo WiFi eReader comes pre-loaded with 100 free eBooks including Jane Austen`s Pride and Prejudice, Mark Twain`s Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and many more. Choose from a selection of all-time classics, there is an eBook for everyone! Plus, for this holiday season, with the purchase of the Kobo WiFi eReader, Indigo customers will also receive two additional bestselling eBooks free— Linden Macintyre's 2009 Scotiabank Giller Prize winning The Bishop's Man and Margaret Atwood`s Oryx and Crake.
Now that our Gift Cards can also be redeemed for eBooks at www.kobobooks.com the new Kobo eReader wrapped up with an Indigo Gift Card becomes this year's ultimate booklover's gift.
More reasons to wrap up the Kobo Wireless eReader:
- There's a great choice of colours. Designed with style and a soft touch quilted back customers can choose from four sleek colour combinations: onyx, metallic silver, grey, and pearlized lilac.
- Built-in WiFi makes it easy to shop and add books in seconds directly from the Kobo Wireless eReader. Plus it's easy to browse and access over 2 million eBooks, newspapers and magazines.
- Faster & Easier With faster page turns, a battery that lasts up to two weeks and a new wireless connectivity it's easy to get to the next great read!
- Book-Like Reading The Kobo Wireless eReader is just like reading print on paper. A new E Ink® screen makes for sharper graphics, crisp text and no glare, even in sunlight. Adjustable fonts and sizes make reading easy on the eyes.
- Carry a Library Carry up to 1000 eBooks in the Kobo Wireless library at once. It is also simple to expand the storage. Add an SD memory card (up to 4GB) to increase the storage to as many as 4000 books. Your Kobo library goes wherever you go, and is accessible on your Kobo WiFi eReader, Smartphone, computer, or tablet.
- Accessories. A wide range of Kobo accessories are also flying off the shelves, selling at a pace equal to the eReader. Accessories include leather covers designed by Roots Canada and Moleskine, as well as convenient reading lights to brighten the eReading experience .
The Kobo Wireless eReader at Indigo is also an editorial favourite for media. Here's what they're saying:
Wired.com: Kobo, the independent e-reader company that could, has updated its popular e-book. It gets a price-drop, a few tweaks and one big new feature (Wireless).
Marc Saltzman, Sync.com: e-Book readers are a convenient way to read digital books - they're cheaper than paper books, you can shop 24/7 and you can adjust font size to suit your needs - and now the Kobo eReader ($149) lets you download newspapers and magazines, too.
Chatelaine Magazine and Chatelaine.com: Kobo: Perfect for a booklover on a budget who wants the convenience and (relative) affordability of digital reading.
Style At Home.com When Kobo launched earlier this year, it was one of the best e-readers to hit the market. Well, it just got a whole lot better and it's the perfect gift for the avid reader on your Christmas list. The new Kobo wireless e-reader offers readers on-the-go access to the Kobo bookstore, meaning that users can download books anytime, anywhere. With the capacity to hold about 1,000 books and featuring an e-ink technology that mimics the printed word on a page, Kobo is the most affordable e-reader on the market and is sure to be one of the best gifts you give this season. $149.
About Indigo Books & Music Inc.
Indigo is a publicly traded Canadian company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (IDG). As the largest book and specialty retailer in Canada, Indigo operates in all provinces under different banners including Indigo Books & Music; Indigo Books, Gifts, Kids; IndigoSpirit, Chapters, The World's Biggest Bookstore, and Coles. The online division, www.chapters.indigo.ca, features books, eBooks, toys, music and DVDs, and hosts the award winning Indigo Online Community. Indigo Books & Music Inc. founded the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation in 2004 to address the underfunding of public schools, their libraries and the resulting literacy crisis. Every year the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation commits $1.5 million to high-needs elementary schools so they can rebuild their libraries with the purchase of new books and education resources. To date the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation has committed more than $9 million to 90 schools nationally.
For further information: For further information:
Media Contact: Janet Eger, Director, Public Relations Indigo Books and Music Inc.