MONROE, MI, March 27, 2019 /CNW/ - The International Furniture and Transportation Logistics Council (IFTLC) today announced that its 59th annual conference will be held from May 8 to 10 at the Lago Mar Resort in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Under the theme of : Dynamic State of Retail "Competitive Strategies for Success," the conference will bring together industry experts and professionals to discuss the current issues affecting the transportation industry. The event will feature industry leaders, including:
- Ken Fister, Director of Residential Logistics at La-Z-Boy Logistics
- Rob Bulick, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Schneider
- Michael Stein, Director of Commerce at Renegade Furniture
- Luis Alicea, President, Smart Logistics
- Mark Fierek, Vice President E-commerce, Pilot Freight Services
- And many more
Dr. Terry L. Esper, President and CEO. Associate Professor of Logistics at Ohio State University will also be presenting as a keynote speaker.
The annual IFTLC event provides attendees with insight on innovative technologies, new trends, and the latest legislation that may impact their businesses. This year's conference will play host to several interactive round tables discussions that cover a wide spectrum of topics, such as:
- Last mile deliveries
- The logistics of recovering from a disaster/shipping to a US territory
- Issues affecting the transportation of ocean freight
- Home deliveries
- Reverse logistics
- Warehouse shortages
- Consignment stores
- Logistics technology
"Our goal with this conference is to continue to equip our members with the latest information affecting our entire industry and help them stay competitive in a market that's constantly evolving," explained Russ Matthews, Managing Director of the IFTLC.
People can register for the conference by visiting http://www.iftlc.org/payments or emailing Russ Matthews at Russ111@comcast.net. Special rates and discounts are available if attendees sign up before April 17, 2019.
IFTLC's mission is to act as a resource to those in transportation and logistics functions in order to help them become more engaged, knowledgeable and effective at their jobs. The organization holds a much-anticipated annual conference where all the segments of the logistics industry (retail stores, manufacturers, e-tailers and transportation companies) meet together to share ideas and gain important knowledge on industry topics.
IFTLC board members
- Christian Lafrance, ClearDestination
- Erich Price, Qurate Retail Group
- Jeff Sears, Artvan
- Mike Byron, ClearFreight
- Patrick Cory, Cory
- Peter Ross, Offshore Express
- Peter Sorrentino, Bob's Discount Furniture
- Rhonda Socol, City Furniture
- Russ Matthews, IFTLC
- Tom Hempel, Offshore Express
- Rhonda Moon, EFW
SOURCE International Furniture and Transportation Logistics Council
For further information: Russ Matthews at Russ111@comcast.net.