Customers will find better deals than ever before on the hottest gifts in toys, electronics, home goods and more, the best in holiday entertaining essentials including kitchen items and decor, and even wardrobe must haves
Millions of items ship free to customers across Canada on orders of $35 or more;
Prime members receive Free Two-Day Shipping on eligible orders
Customers can shop when they want, where they want with the Amazon App
For customers in need of gifting inspiration, Amazon's 2017 Holiday Gift Guides – including the Home and Electronics Gift Guides offer suggestions for all holiday shopping needs
Customers can shop thousands of holiday deals from small businesses and entrepreneurs around the globe
SEATTLE, WA, Nov. 1, 2017 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ: AMZN) - Amazon.ca today announced the opening of its Black Friday Deals Store, officially marking the start of the holiday shopping season. The Black Friday Deals Store, available at amazon.ca/blackfriday, offers deals across every category starting now through Black Friday. Customers can find deals on everything from toys and electronics to holiday entertaining essentials and wardrobe must haves – all in one convenient location. Today, customers can save up to 45 per cent on select favourite toys from My Little Pony, 30 per cent off select NETGEAR best sellers and 30 per cent off select Philips Wake-Up Lights. This holiday season, customers can also expect great deals on premium TVs from VIZIO, as well as popular toys from LEGO, Nerf, Barbie, Star Wars, Melissa & Doug and more.
"We're excited to officially kick off another holiday season, bringing customers better deals than ever before on everything they'll need – from electronics and toys to clothing, home essentials and more," said Doug Herrington, Senior Vice President of North American Retail at Amazon. "Customers shop Amazon year-round for our great prices, unbelievable selection and free shipping. During the holiday season, customers love to discover great deals and must-have holiday gifts for friends and family. Some of the most popular starting points for holiday shoppers are our Black Friday Deals Store, Amazon's curated Home and Electronics Gift Guides, Holiday Toy List and the newly launched Handmade at Amazon.ca."
Shop with Small Businesses and Entrepreneurs
Half of the items sold on Amazon worldwide are from small businesses and entrepreneurs, many of which will be offering deals on their products throughout the holiday season. Some of the small businesses and entrepreneurs offering deals include All Natural Advice and Privé Revaux Canada.
Inspired Gifting for Everyone on Your List
- Curated Gift Guides: For those in need of additional inspiration, discover thoughtfully curated gifts, inspired by Amazon product experts and influencers, in Amazon's 2017 Holiday Gift Guide (amazon.ca/gifts). This shopping destination offers a diverse collection of unique, but universally appealing gift ideas across categories. Popular categories such as Toy List, Electronics Gift Guide and Home Gift Guide take the guesswork out of gifting and offer customers quick and easy access to the top gifts for everyone on their list.
- Customers can browse hundreds of the most sought-after products for kids of all ages and interests on the 2017 Amazon Holiday Toy List, available at amazon.ca/holidaytoylist.
- Those who want to shop more than 500 of the season's hottest technology products, from TVs to gaming systems, can do so while shopping the 2017 Amazon Electronics Gift Guide, available at amazon.ca/electronicsgiftguide.
- Customers can browse the 2017 Amazon Home Gift Guide, available at amazon.ca/homegiftguide for more than a thousand products for inside and outside the home.
- Handmade at Amazon.ca: Support small businesses and entrepreneurs this holiday by shopping Handmade at Amazon.ca available at amazon.ca/handmade where all the products are handcrafted by local Artisans from around the world.
Holiday Shopping Wherever, Whenever
The Amazon App is designed to make your holiday shopping fast and easy. In fact, last holiday season, more than 70 per cent of Amazon customers worldwide shopped using a mobile device. Customers can find where their holiday packages are in seconds, use camera search to quickly and easily find the items they want by pointing at an item or barcode, and never miss a deal by setting Watch-a-Deal alerts.
Fast, Free Shipping and Convenient Delivery
Amazon.ca offers free shipping on millions of eligible items to customers across Canada on orders of $35 or more – delivered right to their door. For customers who prefer to pick up their packages when it's convenient for them, Amazon Lockers are a safe and secure way to receive Amazon packages. Available in Toronto and Vancouver, Amazon Lockers are strategically located near offices, major convenience stores, grocery stores, apartment buildings and malls. To learn more about Amazon Lockers, visit amazon.ca/locker.
Get More with Prime
Prime is designed to make your life better every day through the convenience of fast, free shipping and great entertainment. Prime members can shop thousands of Lightning Deals with 30-minute early access and also enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, as well as Prime FREE One-Day Shipping or Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery on orders of $25 or more in Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa-Gatineau, Toronto and Vancouver.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
For further information: Andrew Gouveia, NATIONAL Public Relations, email@example.com, 416-848-1385