LONDON, Oct. 7, 2014 /CNW/ - The Global Law Summit ("GLS"), the world-class international legal and business event being held in London, 23 - 25 February 2015, has announced the names of key sponsors and session speakers, as the event tickets go on sale.
Thomson Reuters, GLS' strategic partner, will be joined as sponsors by leading law firms Allen & Overy, Holman Fenwick Willan, Macfarlanes, and Travers Smith. The global business advisory firm FTI Consulting has also been confirmed as a key sponsor.
The Summit will consist of keynote addresses and discussions covering international trade and investment; regulation, competition and dispute resolution; demographics, technology and globalisation; copyright protection; cross-border and intranational dispute resolution; and societal wellbeing.
Speakers taking part in the Summit include:
- Sir Roger Carr, Chairman of BAE Systems and Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director of the Court of The Bank of England
- Jonathan Drimmer, Vice-president and Deputy General Counsel of Barrick Gold
- The Rt. Hon. Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Justice and Lord Chancellor
- Georg Kell, Executive Director of the UN Global Compact
- Rosemary Martin, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary of Vodafone
- Ms. Patricia O'Brien, Ambassador to the UN for the Republic of Ireland, former
United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs
- Ms. Kimberly Prost, UN Ombudsperson to the Al Qaida Committee of the UN Security Council Sanctions Committee
- Sir Michael Rake, Chairman of BT Group and Deputy Chairman of Barclays PLC
- John Ruggie, Former UN's Secretary-General's Special Representative for
Business and Human Rights
- Graham Vinter, General Counsel of BG Group
John O'Brien, CEO of the Global Law Summit, comments: "We are delighted to announce such a prestigious line-up of speakers today and look forward to the discussions that are going to take place around the Rule of Law and its importance in securing global business growth and competition."
The Global Law Summit tickets are now on sale from the event website, http://www.globallawsummit.com.
Notes to Editors
About The Global Law Summit
The Global Law Summit will be held from the 23rd-25th February 2015 at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, Westminster London.
Marking the 800 years since the sealing of Magna Carta and highlighting the United Kingdom's capital city as the world's pre-eminent legal services hub, the summit will bring together over 2,000 leaders in law, business, government and academia from across the world, to discuss the role of the Rule of Law in securing global business growth and competition.
The Global Law Summit is an independent legal business conference founded by the Ministry of Justice, the City of London Corporation, the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Law Society of England and Wales. It is managed by an executive team which reports into a Steering Group, and works in cooperation with a range of partners.
SOURCE: The Global Law Summit