DAKAR, Senegal, Oct. 16, 2014 /CNW/ - On 1 and 2 December 2014 - International Conference Centre of Dakar (CICD), Senegal
At the close of the 15th Francophone Summit, which will be held on 29th and 30th November 2014, Senegal will be hosting the first Francophonie Economic Forum (FEF) on 1st and 2nd December 2014 in Dakar.
The Forum's objective is to stimulate collective action concerning the economic potential offered by Francophonie with its 720 million people and 7,200 billion dollars of GDP generated by its 57 member states across the five continents.
With the intention of galvanising this potential and transforming it into a real driver of sustainable growth, a number of measures and initiatives need to be taken by mobilising all the Francophonie key players. This is the primary objective of this Forum which, over two days, will bring together Francophonie political and economic decision makers in order to set out measures for specific topics:
- What kind of economic Francophone world? For what end?
- Which kind of investment in social infrastructure, particularly in healthcare?
- Can Francophone digital communications and media act as catalysts?
- What legal measures to be taken to facilitate the trading of goods, merchandise, and capital within the Francophonie economic area?
- How to promote strong public-private partnerships to serve the economies of Francophonie countries?
This initiative, which is destined to become an annual meeting, should enable Francophonie to participate in the specific action needed to meet the numerous challenges facing its member states and thus to become a catalyst for growth and innovation.
Indeed, like the Asia-Pacific region or the Commonwealth, Francophonie will benefit from a platform enabling a strong economic area to be created and promoted, one which will open up new markets.
SOURCE: Forum économique de la Francophonie