MONTREAL, March 31, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Starting today, consumers can pick up an IGA exclusive – new MAKI2GO sushi sandwiches from the MITO Sushi company. Made up of two sushi rolls that you can eat with your hands ‒ in the car, at the office, or on the way to an appointment ‒ they meet the needs of people on the go and the desire of food lovers to eat a healthy lunch with exotic flavours.
MAKI2GO in just a few words:
- An IGA Exclusive
- Certified "Aliments préparés au Québec" (food prepared in Quebec)
- Traditionally handmade by MITO sushi chefs
- Easy to eat on the run in an easy-to-carry format ‒ two rolls per package weighing 215 grams
- Healthy and nutritious, and less than 400 calories per serving
- Two delicious, affordable varieties:
- Seafood MAKI2GO ($7.99)
- spicy salmon roll (rice, mango, mixture of spicy salmon, spicy mayo, nori wrapper)
- spicy shrimp roll (rice, blend of spicy shrimp, cucumber, carrot, tempura, spicy mayo, pink soy wrapper)
- Vegetarian MAKI2GO ($7.49)
- two rolls (rice, sweet pepper, litchi, cucumber, carrot, radish, spicy mayo, yellow soy wrapper, nori wrapper)
The IGA banner is proud to offer these products developed with MITO Sushi, as they fully reflect The Joy of Eating Better movement by encouraging Quebecers to make responsible choices, eat healthier, and discover new local and international flavours.
IGA is the largest group of independent grocers in Canada and its presence in Quebec dates to 1953. All 290 IGA retailers are constantly seeking new ways to serve their customers better. The IGA banner includes IGA, IGA extra, IGA express, and IGA mini. IGA is the only group of grocers to offer customers the opportunity to collect AIR MILES® reward miles.
Image with caption: "IGA exclusive – new MAKI2GO sushi sandwiches from the MITO Sushi company (CNW Group/IGA)". Image available at: https://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160331_C2334_PHOTO_EN_654368.jpg
For further information: Laurie Fossat, Communications Advisor, email@example.com, 514-324-1010, ext. 2158